⁀➷stay pt.1|𝒔𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒎𝒊𝒏

Plot: CRAVITY is a rising new rookie group with fans all over the globe; they sing, dance, create music and do what idols usually do --- except for killing, which I think is not what any idol would do. They are an exclusive group of assassins, and although Seongmin is the youngest, he can slice necks equally clean as the other members. What would happen when he received a new mission on the day of his birthday when he clearly told his friends that there should be no work on special occasions?

[birthday present for our baby rabbit Seongmin; happy birthday I love you <3]

<☆>

Seongmin's lips raised in a manner that would most probably stain a person's feel of the atmosphere with uneasiness; he switched off the television and raised his leg to rest on the table, letting his body rest after a long night of exhaustion and strenuous work. 

He groaned, suddenly recalling the pitiful situation of his used-to-be-pristine shirt; from its pure snow color to its current "cherry" stain appearance --- ah, if only it was the actual juice of the blood-colored fruit. 

Seongmin sipped his milk, remembering the events that occurred yesterday.

A shadow that revealed the form of a man but moved as swift as a rabbit ran through the nearly empty sidewalks of midnight. To passersby, it would seem like the figure was a play with the light because, with a blink of an eye, it vanished from their visions --- as if it blended among the premises of the night. 

"Seongmin," The said shadow grumbled underneath his breath in annoyance the moment he heard his real name slip out the mouth of a familiar voice. "Don't forget to kill him. The government gave us permission to eradicate him, so go all out if you want. Just remember to save the hostages in the end." 

"Hyung~! When I'm in assassin mode, you know you have to call me 'Ra-bait', not 'Seongmin'. It's rule number fifty of the Assassin Code of Regulations!"

"Yada, yada, yada. Just do your job well. I can barely hear you with all the wind coming to the mic. I'll go grab a cheeseball and mute you for a while. Bye!" 

Three beeps were heard before the only things Seongmi --- oh wait, Ra-bait --- can hear were the sound of leather shoes kissing the pavement and the howling of the wind. 

A few minutes passed and there he was, inhaling and exhaling, feeling adrenaline and excitement starting to course through his body; this was the feeling he loved that he can only receive through his two jobs: 

an idol...

and an assassin. 

From performing on stage for his fans during the day to killing ruthless people (with the permission of the government of course; it was all kept in secrecy though) at night, he loved every bit of it --- despite how absurd it sounds, he really does love his two jobs.

Ra-bait tilted his neck from one side to another, preparing his muscles for the upcoming bloodshed and havoc he was going to cause. He smirked as he took out his knife.

"Let's do this." 

"SEONGMINNN!" 

The rabbit of a man jumped in shock, spitting out the milk from his mouth, and in return accidentally spewing out the liquid on the poor unsuspecting male’s face.

Seongmin stared in horror before erupting in a laughing fit of giggles. To be fair, who wouldn’t? Right before him was one of his hyungs, Hyeongjun, with a face that was stricken with surprise (and Seongmin felt that he was in the borderline of releasing a sassy rage explosion too, but let’s not trigger it, yes?)

He placed the carton of milk down before handing a tissue to his fellow group member and assassin friend. 

“I hate you so much, Seongmin.”

“You love me, Hyeongjun hyung.”

“Just hand me the tissue, you nasty rabbit.”

Five minutes of constant bickering passed and the pair finally settled down --- and Hyeongjun’s face was clear of any sort of liquid and back at its beautiful state. Not that a face all splattered with milk is unattractive; would it not have given an aesthetic vibe? Who knows, beauty is in the eye of the beholder after all. 

“What do you need, hyung?” Seongmin asked while sipping his milk again, somehow reflecting a literal baby rabbit (which was funny since his actions during missions are quite the contrary).

Hyeongjun glanced warily at the carton of milk before bolting up from his seat as if he had a sudden epiphany. He snapped his fingers and adjusted his body to the direction of the younger who was still sipping his milk innocently.

Seongmin was a bit startled with the sudden movement, but he wasn't surprised with Hyeongjun hyung; he was a bright ball of energy after all. 

"Oh crab I nearly forgot!" The older slapped his own forehead. "Serim hyung told me to tell you that you have a new mission tomorrow. The details will be messaged to you later evening. I guess Serim hyung was busy so he couldn't inform you in person so he told me to tell you and..."

Seongmin gaped at him with a blank expression, the words "mission" and "tomorrow" ringing through his ears and abiding in his mind. 

"Did he... forget what tomorrow is?" He thought in suspicion. "He couldn't...right? He even promised to buy me a baby rabbit figurine with a knife as a gift!" He pouted. "That would have been cute...maybe it just slipped his mind since he's busy with work."

With a sudden surge of confidence in his hyung, he continued to listen to the chatterbox in front of him.

After two whole minutes passed of Hyeongjun frustratingly ranting about his chicken nugget that fell on the ground (Seongmin didn't even know how the topic went there but why not?), he cleared his throat and asked with a trail of self-assurance in his tone: 

"You, of course, said no right?" 

"What do you mean?"

"You told him that you refuse to tell me that I have a mission tomorrow because there is a very special event taking place the next day too," His cocky tone faltered when he read the genuine confused expression of his hyung. He felt his chest starting to tighten. "Right?"

In his head, he inwardly cursed his vocal chords for wavering a bit towards the end. "Curse you voice! I hope you die in he---okay wait no never mind bad idea."

Hyeongjun gave him an odd stare. "But isn't that exactly what I'm doing now?"

The baby rabbit's eyes enlarged as he realized one of his fears was acting out right before him; rocks started to pile up one by one in his chest, making that area particularly heavy; he felt his lungs ascend and descend in an unrhythmic pattern. Coursing as if it was his blood, his brain was screeching only four words throughout his veins and to his whole body: 

"THEY FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY."

<☆>

aYO wAsSup

So...hi. I totally did not forget that this existed and I am literally shooked that this almost has 1000 views since I don't even update this anymore eoebsoeow I'll try to be more active but idk I'll try. Thank you for reading. And happy birthday to Seongmin! Our first birthday celebration with him :) That's amazingggg.

Also I wanted to try writing a Seongmin oneshot that's not all cute and fun but then I realized midway I was writing him exactly as that *clown music*

Please tell me your feedback on my writing if you want. Ways that I can improve? Stuff like that.