⁀➷blackout pt.1|𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒉𝒆𝒆

Plot: You needed a new roommate to help you carry the burden of rent. During quarantine, you receive a call from your best friend Hyeongjun saying that he has a friend that needs a place to stay because of the unexpected quarantine announcement. After you talk, you decide to make cookies as a welcoming gift for him. In the grocery, you had a "little" heated argument with a person who snatched the chocolate chips first; who knows where this can lead to.

<☆>

Gazing at the empty room, I frowned in discontentment as furrowed my eyebrows, pondering to find a resolution to my current problem; I moved in this apartment months ago, wishing earnestly for a person to be interested and inquire on the extra room that is available.

I've always wanted a person to live with me and half the payment for rent, but since the location of the apartment had some distance from the capital and it was in the rural areas too, it was proven difficult to do so; the weight that I feel when paying the bills is the only evidence you need to my statement.

Plus, it wouldn't hurt to have someone to chat with in real life during quarantine; I mean, I love being alone and all, but I do feel lonely too -- it's a complicated relationship, don't ask.

I sighed.

Damn rent and loneliness, why do you always have to hurt me like this?

I walked away from the room, plopped myself on the worn-out couch, and grabbed my laptop from the wooden table. Before I could even press the power button to let myself escape my sad reality, the ringing sound of a cellphone resonated towards my pair of ears, making my body jump in fright.

I placed a hand to my chest dramatically (because I'm a drama queen like that) and stomped to my phone as if I was a spoiled brat. Not that I'm saying I am, of course; this is my way of amusing myself in the midst of boredom. Judge me all you want, but admit it; when you're all alone and have nothing to do, you do weird stuff. It's just how it is, don't be ashamed.

"What do you want?" I snarkily asked. 

"Well hell-meow to you too."

I rolled my eyes, despite the fact he can't see my face. "Just because you find cats cute and you think you're also cute, does not mean you're a cat, Hyeongjun."

"Says who? You clearly don't know your Math properties of equality."

I blinked. "What? How does Math have anything to do with this?"

"Math is part of everything in life. And for my statement, you can use Transitive Property as proof. In Math, one of its properties is 'if x is equal to y and y is equal to z, then x is equal to z'. Relating this to my case, if cats are equal to cute and cute is equal to Hyeongjun, then cats are equal to Hyeongjun. Simple logic right?"

...

What is going on in his brain?

He giggled from the other line. "You didn't get it right? 'Cause I'm a smarter and more purr-fect cat than you!"

"How are we best friends again?"

"Because I'm a whole baby?"

"... I suppose it's better than a cat, so I'll take it," I heard a giggle from the other line. "Now what do you need?"

"Oh right!" I heard him snapped his fingers as if he remembered something out of the blue. "Guess what, guess what, guess what, guess what, guess what, guess wh-"

"How can I guess if you keep on talking?!"

"Well, you don't need to because I'll tell you now anyways!"