You can't love me. (Dempeo)

Patrick

We're back on set and today we're starting to film episode one. I can be back in a happy work environment now that Ellen and I are friend's again. Things have been great since she came to the practice race that day.

"Hey, Patrick." Ellen say's walking into our trailer. She look's a little off. A bit rushed. Her hair's out of place, she's in casual clothing, she just looks like she's been rushing. Not saying she looks bad, i'm sure she could pull of anything. She's just a beautiful women.

"Hey, Ellen. You okay?" She put's down her bags and runs to the bathroom. I hear a noise. I think she's getting sick in the bathroom. I run in there to hold her hair back. I quickly grab her a hair elastic and tie her hand up.

"Patrick, go, please. I don't want you to see me like this." She try's to mutter out.

"Sh, it's okay. I got you. It's okay. I'm here, i'm not leaving." I soothe. I wonder what's wrong with her, could she be sick? I walk over to the sink to get a warm cloth for her.

"Here you go." I hand her the cloth and let her clean up.

"Thank you, and i'm so sorry you had to see that." She hugs me.

"Anytime." I stroke my her back.

"Well- i'm gonna go brush my teeth and i'll see you on set." She lets go of the hug.

"See you out there. I cant wait to be attacked by Dr Grey." I wink.

__

We finished the scenes we had for today. It took a few times because Ellen couldn't take herself seriously while attempting to yell at me.

It's only around 7:30 and I see a familiar car pull in. I can't put my finger on it but I know i've seen it before. A tall man gets out the car, he turns around and that's when I remember who it is, Michael Jennings.

He walks over to the trailers, i'm assuming he's coming to meet Ellen. Is she cheating on Chris? Did her and Chris break up? I have no clue.

Of course I follow him over there to casually "over hear" the conversation.

"Hey Ellen, nice to see you." He hugs her.

"Michael? What- uh, what are you doing here?" She returns the hug. Good, she didn't know he was coming.

"Well, I came to see if I could take you on a date." He brushes a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Michael, there's something I need to tell you. I actually have a boyfriend. I'm sorry I didn't say anything before." She apologized.

"It's Patrick, right? You and Patrick are having an affair." He backs away. I feel stunned that he assumed her and I were involved.

"No, no of course not! My boyfriends name is Chris Ivery. We've been together for around two years." She leans against the counter.

"Mm, well he doesn't have to know." He walks over and says in a low whisper. I don't think Ellen would cheat on Chris with just anyone. She's better than that.

"Oh, I don't think that's a good idea." He ignores and kisses her.

"Michael! Please stop." He presses her against the counter and kisses down her neck. She trys to fight him off but she's so small compared to him. That's it. That's when I walk in.

"Stop!" She cry's and keeps trying to push him away.

"You heard her. Get the fuck off." I pull him away and punch him.

"Dempsey, your a fucking dead man." He threatens.

"I suggest you be on your way, unless you want to be disqualified from racing?" I push back. He scoffs and storms out.

I look over and Ellen's on the floor crying and hyperventilating.

"Ellen, it's okay. He's gone." I kneel down. She stands up on her knees and wraps her arms around me.

"Thank you, Paddy! I don't know what I would've done if you weren't here." She hugs me.

"I'm here. I'll always be here." She pulls away and looks into my eyes. I wipe away her tears with my thumbs. She runs her finger tips through my hair. I wish we could stay like this forever.

I can't help but feel like this is somewhat my fault. After all I did invite her there to the race track.

She pulls away and smiles at me. I return the smile.

"Hey, let me give you a ride home." I insist.

"Yeah okay, that's fine with me." I lead her out to the car and open the door her her.

I'm so confused about how I feel about her. No, I think I know how I feel about her. I want to know why I feel these things about her. If I really love Jillian, I wouldn't feel the way I do about Ellen. Right?

I don't know anymore. Maybe I don't actually feel anything for Ellen. It's probably just because we spend so much time together. We kiss, touch, hell even moan. It's just me mixing work with pleasure. I need to just focus my mind. Ellen is my coworker. Jillian is my wife.