Trailer// VISUAL

NOTE: The only platform this book is on is WATTPAD. If you are looking at this work from another site, that work is ILLEGAL. Please report it to @RealmSky on Wattpad ASAP and the Wattpad team so the appropriate measures can be taken. Thank you!

------------------------------------------------

"When was the last time you sought to reach the heavens?

The last time you strove for the stars in the sky, wishing to be one of those dazzlingly beautiful pinpoints in a sea of black?

The last time you curbed your dreams, your wishes, your hopes, for the sake of comfort in an urban era?

Today, Ambition calls on you to lead the future!"

Noise from the television bounces around the walls of the empty coffee shop. Empty, that is, except for two people and a steaming cup of latte.

"Y/N...we've been over this. If you need a way to make money, just play Ambition! I mean, what other options do you have left?"

"Hm?" I rip my gaze away from a family walking by outside. "Did you say something?"

Exasperation makes its way to the table. The girl leans forward, accidentally undoing the fragile knot holding her apron up. As the fabric collapses, coffee dust scatters on the polished wood. "I'm saying, shouldn't you give it a try? Ambition?"

"Ambition?" Tilting my head, I lean back. "Yoona, when are you going to stop it with Ambition this, Ambition that? You make it sound like you care for a stupid game more than your entire coffee shop."

"It's not just a game anymore," Yoona stresses. She curls her fingers in frustration while pulling her apron back up. "The in-game currency can be used toward anything! Think of the rewards going to your credit card if you play professionally."

"You're assuming I could play professionally."

"Well, I'm just saying, maybe--" Realizing she's lost my attention already, Yoona waves her hand. "Listen, I'm getting a VR station set up in the corner of the coffee shop next week. It's going to be open for the customers if they buy coffee. I'll let you use it for free."

My eye twitches.

"Yes. For free."

"Well..." My fingers drum on the table. I remain mute for a few seconds while I gather my thoughts. "No...I can't ask for that from you. Your shop..."

"Oh please. Entertain me, will you? If you start making big bucks and you feel obligated to pay me back, then pay me back."

"Why are you so serious about this?" I can feel a headache coming on. Urging the discomfort to go away, I reach for my latte.

"The first memory I made with you was at the arcade."

Recalling the flashing lights and rickety machines, I can't hide a small smile.

"I remember the way you played those games. Nobody could beat you. You set the high score for everything!" Yoona snaps her fingers. "That's why I want you to play. Why are you forcing yourself to take on jobs you don't enjoy?"

"Gaming isn't a career."

"Yes, it is!" she moans. She buries her hands in her short hair as if doing so would calm her nerves. "AmCoins are now considered actual currency. They're more stable than Bitcoin."

"Hey... since when was Bitcoin considered stable?"

"Don't sweat the small details."

"Ah."

"Just give it a try. Promise me." Yoona dramatically props her elbow on the table, extending her pinky finger over my latte. "C'mere. You know you want to."

"No, I think I'm--"

Yoona reaches for my hand and forcefully takes my pinky finger in hers. Before I can pull away, she seals the deal. "There. You promised. You never break your promises."

Biting my lip as the latte grows cold, I pull away. "Fine. I'll do it. For free, right?"

"For free. Jeez, I'll even give you coffee to try the damn game."

Yoona dances out of her chair. She flips the sign by the front door to OPEN. "It's show time now, baby," she sings. "I'll make a player out of you."

Cracking a smile at Yoona's enthusiasm, my attention drifts back to the billboard. Ambition is plastered at the bottom in huge golden letters.

My eyes drift up. A guy with blue hair is featured at the center, with a black mask covering most of his facial features. His brown eyes are left exposed. Two stunning white wings fold over his lower body as he judges the weight of a hefty dagger in his right hand.

I wonder what character he's playing. Healer? Assassin?

"Hey Y/N, can you help me set up shop? The customers should start coming in about ten minutes."

Right...it's not like I'll be playing this game for long, anyway.

"Coming."

Coming soon.