HP +5

<> Yoongi POV <>

Stepping onto the train with my mask pulled tightly against my face, I find a bar and duck my head to the side to get a better view through the window.

It really is her. That girl from the coffee shop.

People crowd into the train all around me, but I blissfully don't have to move. I stare, unaware of what's going on until the train jerks into motion.

Blinking a few times, I try to memorize her features. I get interrupted by the tunnel walls abruptly closing in and plunging the train into darkness.

Or is she really the same person? Maybe I saw it wrong.

My teeth gnaw on the inner portion of my lip as I come away from the window. I close my eyes as the train eases into a stable speed.

I used to frequent an arcade when I was younger. It wasn't that long ago...maybe five, six years? Although I continued going there until about 2 years ago.

Unlike all the new, modern gaming cafes, it was huddled in a quiet corner of the city. Business dwindled over the years, but there were still many regulars who stopped by each weekend.

I met Jungkook there. In fact, we met frequently...much to our own dismay. Our rivalry was infamous in the arcade. We always challenged each other and consistently set new records on the charts.

But there was always one name that sat above ours.

A vibration from my pocket disrupts my thoughts. My fingers fumble for my phone as it keeps vibrating. It's probably the devil himself.

Finally pulling it out, I glance at the screen. Sometimes my predictions are so accurate, it's scary.

Denying his request to call, I swipe right. My fingers rapidly bring me to our chat.

On the train. Kinda loud. Text me here

PD-nim wants us to meet at the arena, backstage. Mentioned something about having a strategic briefing before our match today

Aigoo, Jungkookie, he's going to scold you

I'm not the one who fumbled with the mousepad last time

That was one time

AIGOOOO, Hyung, we're both going to get scolded anyway. Whose suggestion was it to stay out late, again?

I'll buy you ramen if you agree to drop it

Deal

Mourning for my wounded wallet, I resign to my fate and patiently wait for the commute to end. Luckily, it doesn't last much longer.

"Arriving at--"

Slipping my earbuds in, I follow the crowd out the train and up the stairs, emerging from the underground. Against the brutal sun, I cup my hands over my eyes and scan the streets. My feet are set into motion.

It doesn't take long for me to arrive at my destination.

Nexon Arena. Opened 2013, reconstructed and refurbished in 2024. Expanded 2025. It's now known as one of the larger arenas exclusively hosting VR tournaments.

"Hyung!" A hand lands on my shoulder. "We arrived at the same time, how funny."

"You were waiting for me, weren't you?" My eyes glare daggers to my left. "You can slay a dragon ten times larger than Nexon Arena, but you can't beat PD-nim?"