HP +9

<> Yoongi <>

"This is the shop, isn't it?"

"I...honestly can't tell." Jungkook scratches his neck. "Everything looked different at night."

Squinting against the sun's glare on the window, I try peering inside. Unfortunately, the interior is just as elusive as the person we're trying to find. I'm only met with stains on the glass and a dark film.

"We should just go in."

Biting my lip, I turn to him. "Then we have to buy coffee. It'll look strange if we walk right out. Besides, aren't we here a bit early?"

"If we have to buy coffee, hyung, then let's buy the coffee and move on. The team makes enough money to--"

"I don't use any of the money I get from the team. You know that."

Jungkook's eyes land on a sign above the entrance. "I really think we should just go in. If you're nervous about spending money, do you want me to pay?"

I snort. "No. How can I call myself a hyung if I can't even buy you a coffee?"

"Suit yourself," Jungkook sings. I hear a bell chime and the familiar creaking of wood. Whipping around, I find Jungkook gone.

Oh no. Bringing a hand to my forehead, I force myself to calm down. Jungkook, I'm not going to kill you. I'm not going to kill you. I'm not going to--

"You're looking for Y/N?"

My heart launches itself up my throat. My panicked eyes land on a girl standing at the entrance to the coffee shop. My scattered thoughts pick up on the memory of her working behind the counter.

"Oh, you're the waitress..." Realizing that Jungkook already spoke to her, I clear my throat. "Yeah, we're looking for...Y/N." Her name falls on my tongue.

"We're not opened just yet, but you can come inside. Your friend sat down." She waves her hand in a friendly manner, but her voice is cold. "And I'm the boss, not just the waitress."

Flinching, I nod my head. The boss disappears inside, leaving my anxious husk on the street. Jeez. Wonderful first impression.

Wringing the nerves out through my shaking hands, I approach the door and grab the handle. Once I'm inside, I start feeling a little better.

"How do you know Y/N?" the waitress calls. A large can of coffee beans slams against the counter. Jungkook jumps out of his skin, alerting me to his presence by the door. He'd snatched a table closest to the escape route.

"We knew her when she was younger...sort of," I reluctantly reply.

"If you're going to lie to me with that kind of attire on, you can get the hell out of my shop," the boss drones. Another can of coffee beans clangs against the countertop. "I don't have time for this."

Immediately reaching up to my face, I feel the soft fabric of my mask draped over my nose. I'd almost forgotten I had it on.

My instinct compels me to look around the coffee shop, even if I already know there's nobody else in here. Once I confirm it, I pull at the straps by my ears and drag my brimmed hat off my head. My hair gets in my eyes briefly before I whip my head back, correcting any strays.

Jungkook quickly does the same, tossing his stuff on the table. I can tell he's already uncomfortable having to take it off, even if the public can't see inside the shop.

When the boss looks up from the counter again, she freezes. For a few moments, she can't take her eyes away from Jungkook. I can already tell where this is going.