Chapter 5

"tell me why i should trust you," Jaemin spoke as he looked at the girl who has been listening to his little story a few minutes ago. He did not put up much details yet except the part of how he was determined to be an idol in his younger years and doubting his decision now. Shinrae can't help but scoff.

"do you have anyone else to talk to about this?" she said making the guy shook his head.

"exactly, I already know who you are the moment I saw you and I would've told my friends I don't know, " jaemin is currently living in my house" but I chose not to," she explained.

"why didn't you?"

" we're human and we have feelings. You must've had your reasons for what you did," she smiled. Jaemin smiled to her explanation and turned to look back at the view. Shinrae suddenly stood up and brushed off her nightwear. She walked away and climbed down the roof with Jaemin tagging along behind her. She helped him get down and both stood facing each other.

"go get some sleep," she said as she noticed a yawn from him. She turned away as she stepped foot back inside the house.

"its okay if you don't trust me right now but I will keep my word, I wont tell anyone," she added before disappearing into the darkness of the hallways. Jaemin finally went back inside and went to his room. He sat down on his bed and sighed. He kind of felt at ease about what Shinrae has said to him. He thought it was great to have someone who knew and who is willing to cover for him in his situation.

it felt good to have a friend. Well, sort of.

Morning strikes as the ray of sunlight hits the young man's face making him flutter his eyes open. He stretched his arms as he rolled out of bed and went straight towards the bathroom to freshen up. He took out a plain black top and joggers, bringing them into the shower. It took the boy 15 minutes to do everything.

He went downstairs to see Miss Soo already cooking in the kitchen. Jaemin greeted her with a good morning and chose to help her out in the kitchen. As usual, Ms.Shin thought that it wasn't necessary for him to do so but again, he insisted. As they finished setting up the table, Jaemin was ordered to call and wake up the kids.

He smiled and did what he was told and went upstairs. As Shinrae's bedroom was the first to be seen, he went to hers first but to his surprise the door was slightly open.

"what the fuck do you want from me now?!" he heard her yell from the inside. He slowly took a few steps and took a peek to see Shinrae all awake and on the phone, angry at someone on the other side.

"it was your mistake! I trusted you and this is what i get!" she said as made her hands up towards her hair as she groaned in frustration.

"no! fuck you and stay away from me," she said before hanging up.

Jaemin backed away from the door and headed towards Hyunjae's room instead. He didn't think it was the right time to bother her, he wanted her to calm down first from her heated call.

He entered Hyunjae's room to see him sound asleep in his bed. He walked up to his bed and sat down on the side as he shook him slowly. The little boy fluttered his eyes open and yawned.

"Good morning jaejae, its time for breakfast," jaemin said with a smile. He helped him up and led him into the bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth.

"let's go," he said to him as he closed the bathroom door behind him. Hyunjae ran out of his room already heading his way down the stairs making Jaemin chuckle. He exited his room and walked passed Shinrae's room, he thought of checking out on her but he shook off the thought as he went downstairs.