[4] spotlight

short chapter!

—————

jiwoo woke up a little bit tense. she remembered what happened last night but not all of it. it was somewhat a distant memory. sooyoung led her to a bus stop. and then her memories went blank. perhaps she'd fallen asleep. maybe she just completely lost it. but she knew for sure that she woke up in her own bed. she got up and slid her bunny slippers on as she made her way down stairs. not surprised, there was a note with a fresh plate of pancakes on the table reading sorry jiwoo, had to run, my boss called me in for an early meeting. and your dad left to drop your sister at her day care then went to leave for work. enjoy breakfast and head to school, love, mum xx. she rolled her eyes at the note as she threw it into the nearest bin. she sat down ready to fill her face with pancakes.

her bus ride towards her destination felt a bit different. she received stares from familiar people who were students at her school, which was awfully strange. her existence was completely ignored just yesterday. although her palms became sweaty at the sudden change she decided to pretend like nothing was going on. that she was still in other words, the only background character. but the feeling of anxiety just deepened everytime she took a breath. "it won't be like this when we arrive at school" she whispered to herself, or so she thought.

with her head slightly downwards, she took one small step into the entrance of her school. her heart was racing. why was she feeling this way. she looked up to only see that all eyes were on her. as she walked through the corridors she heard all kinds of whispers. and ones she didn't like too. "did you see the video, that's the girl, that's kim jiwoo!" one girl pointed towards her. the 2 girls beside her snickered seeing the lonely jiwoo slowly pass by. "she was seen with sooyoung can you believe that?" another said. she got the fact that sooyoung was quite popular among others, and was much more beautiful then she's ever been. but were these rumours even necessary. she had no clue what they were even talking about. she received glances and eye rolls. she was starting to feel uneasy. perhaps it was better, when she was someone else's shadow.

—————

it was lunch and jiwoo finally decided to go on her phone. she was ever so curious about what this video everyone was talking about was. it must've been shared all over instagram, and so it was. she watched to see that some one had recorded sooyoung leading her to the bus stop. but it didn't show the bit where they had arrived. people must have got all sorts of ideas from this video. she sighed, placing her phone onto the lunch table. she was uncomfortable.

—————

she was simply taking a stroll around her area of the city, dressed nicely with her friend besides her. she had spotted her friend, sooyoung talking to an unfamiliar girl. "hey, hyejoo." she said tapping the slightly taller girl next to her on the shoulder. the girl looked to her, and then to where she was pointing. "isn't that sooyoung?" she asked. the taller girl examined the scenario and her eyes semi-lit up in anger. "yeah, listen chaewon record it." hyejoo said turning towards her. "why?" she stuttered, in this moment she was scared of her friend. "that's jiwoo, number 09 in sooyoungs core subject classes, and number 11 in my art class. i heard she stalks people, if we record her, we can expose her, and sooyoung will learn not to trust her. she's a sneaky snake. she ruined my life 3 years ago! then she went dead silent, and she went invisible." chaewon was taken aback by hyejoos little speech. she didn't want to make the girl unhappy so she took out her phone and recorded the scene from a far. later she sent it to hyejoo who uploaded it to her newly made gossip account "byekimjiwoo" and her job was done.

—————

ha sooyoung watched kim jiwoo sat alone, still, on her table she eats her lunch at everyday. she felt sorry for the girl, though she didn't know why. the brown haired female wasn't used to all this attention. and that made sooyoung frown. everything suddenly froze as sooyoung realised something.

"i'll be here, for you."
jiwoo said quietly
her head buried in her small hands
with the light rain dripping down.

maybe sooyoung was the one who should've said that.
she muttered some words.

"i'll be here, for you, kim jiwoo."

—————

i'm not sure if this should be counted as a fill in chapter or not because it's not that interesting lmao. but hope you enjoyed it anyways.