[6] lets meet again

today was the last day. jiwoos last day at this school. no one knew she was leaving, they were all too busy gossiping about her to notice her sadness. even after learning the truth, that chaewon and hyejoo filmed it, people still despised her. after all, hyejoo had the right to hate her, but not as much as she should. jiwoo was a different person. she had no friends still, even though she had none to start with. her reputation of being the nice shy girl was hitting rock bottom. she was sick and tired of everyone taking glances at her when she was entering a room. she was glad at this point she would be moving to another school. finally having the chance to take a reset. school had never been hell for her, but it sure did feel like it now. you'd think she'd be mature to put up with the pain, but in fact she still saw herself as an unsure child, longing for love and comfort. she was confused and hopeless. no one stood by her side. as the day went on and on, jiwoos happiness inscreased. goodbye problems! goodbye sooyoung. the girl who had helped her would no longer know she was going to the school, after all, she was sure sooyoung was the only one who looked at her in a nice way. perhaps she'd have to end her notes, and her story that she narrated of this girl here. she wouldn't be destined to see her after this, there was no more point of the information she'd collected for a long time. today she'd get home, rip off the charters, the notes, chuck away sooyoungs key chains that she left on her desk after school for no apparent reason. she'd lock up her notebook in a cupboard she'd never open. she'd dispose of the only pen she used to write in it. and lastly she'd let it free, let the wind blow it away as a childs lost paper airplane.

it was the last lesson. the last time she'd be number 09, the last time her heart beat would be in sync with the dripping rain, the last time she'd look out of the window and stare at the nature as all her thoughts roamed her head. she sighed, this was the only thing she enjoyed. she looked over to sooyoungs seat, as memories flooded in. she always told herself that she'd be there for the girl in the way she gave comforting smiles when sooyoung had her back turned towards her focusing on the lesson. but she never actually was there. she was just someone distant, a stranger, not even a friend. how would she be there. at least she used to think the way she observed her was a way of being right there. but the person she admired wouldn't have to worry now, she'd be gone, no drama, no hate, and she'd have someone right by her side instead of a pesky shy girl.

the bell rung and all students started to clear up like they did everyday. going to rush home. jiwoo became used to rushing home in the time she was involved in drama. she'd always stay behind school when she was just number 09. but it faded away once she was embarrassed to be seen. today though, she slowly packed away, she was having mixed feelings of worry and happiness. the slight smile on her face caught the attention of sooyoung as jiwoo proceeded to exit the classroom. she quickly caught up to jiwoo as they were near the end gates of the school, she was curious as to why the short girl looked somewhat happy. her legs quickly moved her forwards, determined to reach jiwoo before she left to the train station. jiwoo no longer took the bus, she was scared and embarrassed to be around sooyoung and some of her friends. to her luck, she was now standing right beside the slow walking jiwoo. she tapped her on the shoulder, causing the other girl to turn around. she just stared at her and nodded her head, allowing the tall girl to say what she was going to. "why do you seem so happy?" sooyoung asked, watching jiwoos smile grow bigger. she didn't reply, she only stood there, admiring the trees that dropped with rain around them. she nodded and let out a little laugh. it was strange to both jiwoo and sooyoung. sooyoung suddenly felt a light grip on her hand. looking down, she noticed jiwoos fingers intertwined with hers. yet there was still silence. until, jiwoo opened her mouth. her eyes closed, as she let out a sigh of relief, and reassurance. then, as if the world has stopped, jiwoo looked into her eyes. "ha sooyoung" she said. the dark haired girl was frozen, she was confused and lost. maybe scared. but she had this feeling in her stomach. almost like butterflies. but it didn't last long when jiwoo said something surprising. it was like everything lost colour. jiwoo, the girl she'd wanted to protect for so long, but had no courage to do so lifted down her mood. it made her scared what she meant by what she said. people were passing by them, nudging them out the way. but yet the two girls still stood there, hand in hand. one with a smile, one with a frown. "let's meet again." as jiwoo finished her sentence, her hand swiftly removed itself from sooyoungs as she gave her a soft smile and turned around. she walked away. she finally felt relieved, she'd not have to worry that sooyoung wouldn't question why she wasn't at school. she didn't care what impression it left on the other girl, what she'd think she'd do. she would finally be free from it all. this was the first time she felt free. her hair blew in the wind and she opened her arms and spun around in the now slightly heavy rain. this is finally what it feels like to take flight.

on the other hand, sooyoung stood there. in silence, the busy people and roads continued on but she didn't move. the words echoed in her head. let's meet again.