"What do you mean?"

It was a no brainer really. Their serious faces all cracked into smiles as soon as they saw Alice's smile, surrounding us with cheers, applause and surprisingly some hugs, without even waiting for a verbal reply.

"We'll have time to celebrate later, with a successful job done." The man in charge says, whose name I don't yet know. Silence blankets the room, instantly the joyous mood disappears. "Tomorrow Parliament is gathering to discuss a reform in the legislation that discussing Veterans rights and the services available to them when they leave the force. This legislation in theory is there to help support veterans, however, in the bill itself, there are enough loopholes to prevent this from happening.

The support criteria is such that it is nigh on impossible to be eligible for the full range of benefits they are advertising as being readily available for everyone. This comes after public pressure created by the statistics that were released by the Samaritans a few months ago. We need to show the world what this legislation really is, how much it's really going to benefit the men and women who have served this country. We have all been divided into groups with volunteers coming in from other areas. Each of you has been assigned a team leader, you stay with them no matter what. We all need to work together to make this as successful as it needs to be. For our sake, for our children's sake and for every person who is serving or has served.

This is an amazing opportunity we have to show the world everything we're made off, that until every person whose fought for their country are getting treated like the heroes that they are, we will not back down! We will not give up! We will not stop!"

Cheers erupted like battle cries, his speech was inspiring in the way that motivational speakers could get you to do anything, or a cult leader. I suspect that these people would actually do anything this guy asked them to do, it reminded me of less than six months ago where I was stuck in a cult, trapped with a delusional guy and his psycho son, his followers believed everything he was saying was the God's words, which ultimately and most unfortunately got everyone killed. Thankfully I was saved by Tiffany, a girl I had befriended on that mission who was looking for her missing sister, also being held captive as a slave, by the cult.

Everyone milled around already seeming to know what they were doing. It's a bit awkward when everyone has a purpose but you're stuck watching them move and not moving yourself. Is this what a midlife crisis feels like? Or not knowing what career to choose?

Alice wasn't fazed by all this movement and our stationary status, which leads me to wonder she must have known what was going to happen today. I'm brought out of my thoughts by a subtle but not so friendly shove from Caspian which can be roughly translated to, pay-attention-idiot.

The leader's walked up to us, "I understand that this is your first protest, to help you settle in I'm assigning you each a buddy, someone to ease in the transition. You're already familiar with Phoenix and Rolo aren't you Caspian, Esmerelda? And Kit, you're with Kane. They'll tell you what to do. Alice, if you could come with me."

He said 'buddy' I heard 'babysitter'.

"We'll be a part of the main group protesting, right outside the Houses of Parliament. There's still a few posters that we've got to make, let's start on that now. Then we're meeting with our team leader to go through the rules, discuss chants, things like that. It's not so bad when you know what you're doing, there's no need to be nervous, just stick with us."

We spend the rest of the afternoon finishing posters and banners then after a quick break, another run through of tomorrows itinerary, along with a reminder of teams, team leaders and our goals we're sent off to sleep.