Ch.5

I reach the pack house and open the door to find my parents and the alpha-luna laughing gleefully at something they were talking about. They all stopped and glared at me but were shocked when they saw the heartbreak in my eyes. I badly want to run into my mother's arms and feel her fingers running through my hair soothingly, and listen to the sweet-nothings my dad used to whisper when I was sad,but took back that thought as soon as I remembered that they abandoned me. I go running to my room and lock the door to bury myself in my misery.

Hunter POV:
I woke up today to find my wolf weirdly restless. He was jumping up and down and seemed excited. I didn't feel like having breakfast so I skipped it and headed to school earlier.
Time passed and when students started heading in , I smelled the most amazing scent and my wolf said the unexpected " mate,mate is here". I start looking around and meet with familiar blue eyes. Flashes of moments pass by but I get out of my shock quickly to realize that my mate is my childhood friend and crush, Emily. I somehow knew I was going to be her mate because of the unusual attraction between us , but she had to ruin everything. People look at us weirdly when she approaches me saying she is my mate. There is a lot of hope and happiness in her eyes that I hesitated for a second of my decision. I laugh insulting her then reject her indirectly in front of the students. She whimpers and sobs on her knees, all I wanted to do was hug her tightly and console her, but remembered that I am the cause of her torment and sadness. She looks up at all of us and runs away silently. I want to hold her back and take back my words but I know it's too late. Our day goes by normally, but my wolf couldn't stop whimpering and blaming me on my mate's sadness.