Chapter 9

I was dumbfounded. I couldn't believe it my old flame, Luke Hemmings, was my friend Ruths brother. "Do you two know each other?" Ruth asked confused. "yeah, we were stationed at the same base last year." replied Luke. "oh so you were friends." "wel-" "yes we were friends" I cut in before he could say anything. "oh how cool. Hey do you want to come in?" Rose asked. "no I got to get going remember?" "Oh yeah well see ya" Rose said as she headed toward the house. "we should meet up later and catch up." Luke said. "actual-" "waffle house 6:00." Luke interrupted and turned around without saying another word.

Max and I walked the rest of the way home in complete and utter silence. "dad I'm home!!!" I yell out as I set my bag down and take off Max's leash. "In here Scar!" dad hollered back. I walked into the living room to find dad sitting watching Live PD. "how was school?" "good. hey do you mind if I meet a friend for dinner tonight?" I ask reluctantly. "Who is it and what time?" dad asked me suspitiously. "It's a friend I met while I was on one of my tours, and 6:00." I reply. He keeps looking at me suspitiously and finally says, "Fine but be home no later than 9:00." " Thank you dad." I say as I give him a hug even though I wasn't thrilled for this dinner.

It's 5:30 so I get ready, say bye to dad and Max , hop on my motorcycle, since the waffle house is on the other side of town, and get on my way. On the way I start thinking about what he is going to say. We didn't really leave things on the best of terms. In fact we just kinda skrewed and then I broke up with him because I was getting to attached and was getting sent to a different base. I felt bad, still do, but it was the best thing for me. I pull up to Waffle house to find he's not there yet. I thought about turning around and going home but I do owe him an explanation for not explaining why I broke up with him. The sad part is he was and still is the best guy I've met.

I am actually pretty hungry so I order a sweet tea and their pancake platter with a side of baken, and grits, my egg sunny side up. I remembered that Luke liked sweet tea too so I ordered him one while I waited. Luke came and sat down across from me, he saw the sweet tea and smiled, "you remembered." He said looking at me with those damn amazing ocean blue eyes. They still captivate me, and his brown hair compliments him so well. He used to say the same thing to me which made me smile just a little.

" when did you get back?" he asked. "about a month ago. I'm going back and finishing school so I can move up in the ranks." I replied knowing he wishes I'd go to collage since I'm able to use the G.I. Bill. "Oh. did you order already?" he asked trying to change the subject. "yeah I didn't know what you were in the mood for. I thought your usual but I didn't know if you wanted something else." I replied. "so you remember my usual too?" he asked smirking. "it's not to hard to remember something when it's the same as what you order." I reply a little defensive.

"still a little spit fire I see." he said smiling. "I'm not little I'm 5'9. and yes I'm still a hot spit fire." I reply smirking dangerously at him. he was a little taken back but quickly recovered by putting his hand on my knee. "your right you're still hot as ever." he said as he slid his hand a little higher. I wasn't going to say anything but thankfully the waitress came over. "can I get you something sir?" she asked kind of flirty.

sorry this is a short chapter my computer is about to die. sorry:(