finn; family

you struggle with raising a baby at a young age with finn.

(y/e/c) = your eye color

   finn left to go visit his brother and quincy, who had just recently moved out of his parents house, and into an apartment together. the past week has been rough. our daughter, avery, had a small cold, and she had been very fussy for the past week. finn was a huge help during the whole situation, and i couldn't be more thankful for him.
avery was merely 4 months old. she had darker hair, it was slightly curly, and she had bright         ( y/e/c) eyes. other than having my eyes, she was all finn. finns nose, finns smile, everything. i was very much in love with the two.
avery was finally down for a nap, leaving me alone in finns room. i moved in after my parents found out i was pregnant. they kicked me out, but eric and mary welcomed me with open arms and open hearts.
i sat on the edge of the bed, allowing me enough time for all of my emotions to catch up with me. i was exhausted, and still very emotional. tears spilled out of my eyes as i let out a sigh in attempt to calm myself down. everything was just so overwhelming right now.
after a few minutes of trying to calm down, i heard the bedroom door open.
"hey, sorry, quincy and nick needed help putting together a bed frame and i-" finn cut himself off mid-sentence and looked at me.
"bubba what's wrong?" he asked.
i looked up at him and wiped my face. finn came and sat by me, putting his arm around me.
"i'm just tired. everything feels... just..."
"a lot?" he finished my sentence.
"yeah, that." i let out a shaky breath, and took in another deep one.
"i understand. i know it's hard but dude, we're killing this whole parent thing. i mean... i know we're young, and i know it's tough cause i'm gone a lot, but you are killing it!" he assured me.
i laughed and leaned into him more.
"is she asleep?" he asked.
"mhm. she's been down for about 10 minutes." i answered.
"lay down and take a nap bub. if she wakes up, i'll get it." finn told me.
"if she gets hungry, remember she can have-" finn cut me off before i finished.
"6 ounces of formula milk instead of 4. i got this babe." he smiled, proudly.
"i know i know... just making sure you didn't forget."
silence fell between us.
"well what are you waiting for woman!? go to sleep!" finn loudly whispered.
i giggled and stood up, wrapping my arms around finn as he rocked me back and forth.
"thank you." i whispered, kissing his neck lightly as he hugged me tighter than he was before.

time skip: 2 hours

finns
pov

avery began to wake up around 2 hours after y/n had fallen asleep. she started crying and i rushed to get to the nursery before it woke y/n up.
"hi beautiful. did you sleep good??" i asked her. i know it's kind of useless to talk to a baby, but i can't help it. i started to feed her a bottle and carry her around, and by the time i got downstairs to the kitchen, my parents had arrived home.
i handed avery off to my mom, who was eager to hold the small infant. my mom continued to feed her, and i went upstairs to check on y/n. she was starting to stir a bit, and i could sense that she would wake up soon, so i shut the door and let her rest.
after going back downstairs again, i took avery back and went up into the nursery with her to change her.

y/n's
pov

i woke up from my slumber to the smell of food being cooked. mary and eric must've gotten home from the store, and mary was most likely cooking dinner. i heard faint music coming from the next room. after stretching for a minute, i walked into the nursery to find finn and avery dancing to weezer. i pulled my phone out and recorded the moment. avery was giggling away and finn was singing the song to her.
i laughed and finn turned to look at me, his cheeks flushing red as he walked towards me, pecking me on the cheek, then the lips. we're 18 now, and we've been together for two years but somehow he can still give me butterflies and make me feel like a dumb teen who fell in love for the first time.
"i'm so lucky to have been able to start a family with you finn." i whispered to him.
"and i'm lucky to have you to start a family with." he replied.