Chapter 2

Evelyn

"Good morning, h-how can I help you?"

A joyful but gentle voice flowed throughout the busy book-cafe as customers began piling into the small cozy shop.

"Ah, yes! I-I would definitely recommend the triple choc-chocolate chip muffin with the French vanilla cappuccino for a late breakfast."

"Do you ne-need help with that, sir?"

"Don't be silly, I'll refill it o-on the house!"

"I would act-actually say that the second book was better than the first, but who am I to judge?"

Even though it hadn't even reached noon, the cafe was already packed full of customers. They had all come to see the same thing, Evelyn.

The small girl of seventeen years had captured the hearts of almost all-if not every single person-who walked into the cafe. Whether it be an elderly couple who saw her as their own child, an older man who viewed her as a younger sister, or maybe the occasional teen who would walk in to make friends and some in hopes of becoming lovers, with this precious girl. But, one thing was for certain - she was an innocent kind-hearted girl who had nothing but love to give.

Evelyn's Outfit

"Evie-Bee? Could you grab some more napkins from the back, please? We need to refill the napkin dispensers

"Evie-Bee? Could you grab some more napkins from the back, please? We need to refill the napkin dispensers."

Evelyn's grandmother, Sue Lee, kindly asked.

"I got it, Grandmama!"

Evelyn quickly finished helping the young couple before dashing off into the storage room in the back of the shop.

"Napkins...napkins...napkins...napkins!" The box of napkins was sat on the fourth level of the industrial built shelf.

"Wow that's...um...r-really high up there."

Evelyn secretly cursed her Asian descent for her short height of only 5'2, for scenarios like this happened more often than not.

Not being able to find the bright yellow stool that her grandmother had gotten for the both of them since they were both on the short side of humanity, Evelyn began reaching for the box with all of her might.

"If I...stretch...just a little bit...more...I'm sure...I'll get the napkins...sooner or later!"

To say this was an amusing sight would be an understatement; Evelyn's fingertips barely grazed the bottom of the box, even when on her tippy toes. This continued for a few minutes before a knock interrupted Evelyn's struggling, causing her to turn around with pleading eyes to whoever was at the open door.