Chapter 4

⚠️ Triggering content in this chapter⚠️

Evelyn

A week had passed since Evelyn had met the strange man that seemed to have a liking to calling her pet names - and being the forgetful girl that she was - she forgot all about him. Too busy hustling around the cafe and becoming distracted with her own childish desires, Evelyn's week had been a very eventful one.

"Good night Kaleb! See you to-tomorrow!" Evelyn waved good-bye to Kaleb with a light blush on her face before finally locking up the cafe and collapsing onto one of the heavenly couches near the bookshelves.

"Oh goodness, I'm exhausted."

Evelyn promised her grandmother that she would run and lockup the cafe since she would be gone for the day at meetings.

I'm so sleepy...we had so many more customers than usual today...hopefully...tomorrow...we won't be too...busy...

The small girl slowly dozed off into dreamland, the fatigue finally catching up to her fragile body.

Soft brown hair. Cold blue eyes. Black ink. Tan skin.

A monster.

"I'll be seeing you around, my little kitten."

Evelyn jolted out of her sleep with a light gasp.

Why am I all of a suddenly dreaming of him?

Beep beep.

The sound notifying the back door of the shop being opened went off as Evelyn tried to shake off her sleepiness.

Oh! Grandmama is home!

But then, a sudden realization hit her like a brick to the head.

Grandmama isn't supposed to be back until tomorrow morning.

Careful not to make any noise, a disoriented Evelyn quickly got off the couch and hid behind one of the large bookshelves that she knew from many hide-and-seek games would be able to conceal her.

What if that scary man is back?

A few months ago, while Evelyn's grandmother was sick in the hospital, Evelyn had to watch over the shop for a week until her grandmother had healed; during this time, a man a bit older than the young girl would come in each day during the evening and order a cup of coffee with two sugars and take a seat at Evelyn's favorite spot. At first, Evelyn thought nothing of him, but as each day passed of him sitting in her chair, in her corner, in her cafe, she could feel his eyes on her every movement and she hated it; Evelyn may be a bit of an air-head, but in no way was she ignorant to the way he undressed her with his eyes.

Evelyn had finally had enough of the creepy man when one evening, he had waited until it was closing time and all of the customers were gone to approach the unknowing girl and try to touch her. Thankfully, Kaleb had also kept a close eye on the man that couldn't seem to have taken his eyes off of Evelyn the whole week, so he stayed behind each day to make sure there was no extra trouble. The man had Evelyn's wrist in a death grip but was knocked out by Kaleb before he was able to cause any more harm.