Where It started

OK  Everyone I want this to be really good! This story line plays in my head all the time but I can never organize it, so I thought why not write it! Anyway I'm exciting to see where this goes so enjoy (y/n). (;

( also this is prob gonna switch back and forth between first person and third person narration so I'm sorry lol)

   ~ Pre-time skip

(reader POV)

   I was reading the newspaper that I found when I decided to sneak into Foosha Village from the forest to get away from Dadan and everyone else. It was weird cause I have never had to sneak into my home town before but everyone has been acting so weird around me lately for some reason, so I'm being cautious.

Ever since Luffy left a while back Iv'e been pretty distant so maybe people are giving me space? Whatever. I hid behind the bar and sat on some of the boxes by the back door, no one but Makino goes back here and she's been ignoring me too so even if she saw me she would probably run away for god knows why. 

As I sit there glancing over the paper while trying to remember if I did anything wrong to get everyone to act this way I see something in the paper.....it's Ace. 

(other POV)

A heart wrenching scream echoed throughout Foosha village. The whole town turned towards where the scream was coming from and at the same time Dadan came running down the mountain in a panic, running into Makino in the process.

Makino: "Dadan! W-what's wrong? Where's (y/n)?" 

Dadan: "She ran off when we were not looking *gasp to catch breath*  S-sorry"

Connecting the dots the two women run through town to get behind the bar but when they arrive It is already to late...(y/n) is passed out from the shock with tears streaming down her face. Her hand clenched around the newspaper that covered the war and Ace's death.

( (y/n) unconsciousness POV???) *Flashback*

I was walking along side my big brother Luffy and my Grandpa, following them into the unfamiliar woods that are suppose to be Luffy and my 'new home'. 

Young Luffy: "Naa G-Chan who's Ace?"

Garp: "Ace is  going to be your new big brother. Both of yours."

And after that it all went by so fast. Luffy and I always following Ace around,  meeting Sabo,  our  sake sibling bond,  playing together,  fighting together,  stealing together,  dreaming together. My brothers always used to fight over who's crew I would join since I had no ambition to be a captain myself, I just wanted to be with them. Also fighting together was always interesting since Luffy had a devil fruit from shanks(accident) and I had a devil fruit that I stole when grandpa took me to a navy base once aha, I was still in trouble. But after all that came the blue jam pirates, Sabo's parents, and Sabo's death....which changed everything.

After that it was just the three of us. Ace being the strong one and Luffy and I being the crybaby's who sobbed over Sabo death, some more than others.....it was me. But life went on, we missed him and still miss him but it didn't stop us from dreaming. In fact it fueled it.

Then ace left when he was 17 like we had agreed, Sabo first and Ace second. Which left Luffy and I to train for when we could set out as well. And then soon Luffy set out leaving me alone, he kept telling me I only had to wait a year and then I would be ready to set out as well. So before Luffy left I made him a promise.

(y/n): "Luffy! When I set out I will find you I promise, So wait for me! Let me help you, please aniki."

Luffy: "Shishishi, does this mean I win?"

(y/n): "huh?"

Luffy: "your joining me right? So I win the fight shishishishi."

Luffy's smile caused me to break out into tears just like Ace had done when he left as well, and well I couldn't say no to Luffy. Because I suppose he did win.

( (y/n) POV) *Flashback End*

I woke up in my bed with Makino sitting beside me.

(y/n): "What happened?"

And then it all came rushing back, the pain, the tears, and the knowledge. No wonder my life was flashing before my eyes in my head because I feel like I'm dying. The pain is too much!

Makino: "(y/n)! C-calm down please! I'll explain everything so please."

I was hyper ventilating but manged to get my breathing under control after a few minutes so I could hear what Makino had to say. I could see Dadan and the Mayor with everyone else peaking out from the next room over but I didn't dare speak because if I did I knew the only thing that would come out would be sobs. So I kept quiet and waited, and then Makino began to speak.

She explained everything to me, the war, the prison escape, whitebreads death,  Ace's death, Luffy's unknown where bouts, Blackbeard, and that fact that Luffy and my blood line had been exposed and that the whole world now knew who my father was. It was a lot to take in and it was emotionally exhausting so after it was over I went back to sleep crying and angry. 

I didn't want to wake up after that but when I did I was met with some good new. Luffy was alive! And I had to get to him, so I set out to leave the next day with hope being my guide.

I was no longer upset with the town for hiding the information from me because I knew that it was from a good place and that they were just trying to protect me. I said my good byes and was getting ready to leave, I realize that I'm breaking the promise to leave when we are 17 but I'm only a couple months shy so I'm putting that behind me. This is more important.

(y/n): "Goodbye mina! I'll miss you! I'm gonna find Luffy and I swear that I'll protect him, I'll die before someone else I care about dies."

I wave and smile and set out on my own journey, step one find Luffy.

( Well that is part 1! I hope you liked it, there is more to come and questions to answer. And I'm going to answer one in the next part so stay tuned!)