Chapter 3 - The Wedding

John's P.O.V.

It's been two months since the devil herself came to Cordova and all she has done is bring hell to everyone. Never shows up when asked to, ignores all that's being said to her and pretends like your not even in the same room as her. And today of all days! A day before the wedding, she decides to run away.

It's like she enjoys torturing me. As if I don't have enough to deal with, now I have to go on a search party as well.

"When was the last time you saw her?" I ask Noah.

"A couple of hours ago. We were rehearsing for tomorrow." I grab my coat and head for the door. "Sir I strongly advice you to stay here. Let the guards handle it. You have a lot to do."

"No, I'm gonna give her a piece of my mind when I find her. This whole attitude she has ends today. I've had enough." I get on my horse and leave the castle in search for her. Luckily it doesn't take long to find her. She's really bad at this. I see her sitting on some rocks, doesn't even notice that I'm there.

"Get up." I startle her.

"Gods! You scared me." She says as she stands up, trying to look away as she wipes a tear rolling down her cheek. "What are you doing here? What do you want?"

"Are you kidding me? Are you insane?" I start getting angry.

"What?!"

"You ran away, and you're asking me what I'm doing here?!"

"Ran away? I'm right here, idiot!"

"Get back to the castle." I point behind me.

"No."

"Get back to the castle!"

"No!"

I get down from my horse and start walking towards. As I take a step forward, she takes a step back. "You are a princess, my future wife! There are people who are just waiting for an opportunity to get you alone. To make me look like a fool! You are disrespectful to everyone. Not to mention the foul mouth you have! This attitude you have stops right now, you ungrateful woman. You have everything you could want here. Why do you have to make my life so miserable?"

"Your  life is miserable? You took me from my family and friends!" She shoves me back. "Everyone here hates me, look at me sideways like waiting for me to pounce like a wild animal!" Another shove. "They throw insults at me!" Another shove. "You ripped my life apart, and you want me to be grateful?!  I am  stuck  in this hell with a fucking Cordovian."

"There's that foul mouth again." Was all I could say. 

"Fuck you!" She shoves me back one last time and walks past me, wiping away more tears. In a way I feel bad for her. But we are royals and we have roles to play. I stay back a while before following her back to the castle. 

When we get back I tell Noah to call off the search. She goes up the stairs to her room, slamming the door behind her.

"I'm guessing that went well?" Noah says sarcastically.

"Spectacular." I answer back, unbuttoning my cuffs and walking back into the war room. "Can't wait to be married."

********

Tomorrow comes too soon. Everyone was excited to see me get married before, but since they heard news of who my wife was to be, everything changed. They wanted a funeral instead of a wedding. 

As I prepare myself for what's about to be the worst day of my life, my lover walks in.

"Don't marry her, please." The tall, beautiful blond with green eyes, begs.

"I wish I could do that, Sabine. But I have no choice." 

"Then be rid of her. She could stumble off a cliff."

"And start a war? No, I can't do that."

"We  were supposed to be the ones getting married." She walks to me, wrapping her arms around me. "You were supposed to be mine." 

"I am. They're just titles. They mean nothing to me. Just like she means nothing to me." I kiss her.

"It's not fair." She stays silent for a moment. "I'm going to make her life a living hell for taking you from me."

I chuckle. "I know you will." But the girl, like me, had no choice. I can't hold her responsible for this. A light knock comes to the door. I was hoping it was to let me know she ran away again and we wouldn't have to this. But alas, it was to let me know she was ready.

I take my place at the church as does everyone, no one is happy. Not a single person here has a smile on their face. The bells start to go off, indication that she's about to walk in through the doors.

I keep my eyes away from the doors as I hear them open. Everyone looks back and start to murmur, I see shock in their faces. I force myself to look and I could see what everyones shock was. I had to squint to make sure I was seeing right. She has a huge gown. Not the traditional white, but gold. And Gods, she looks beautiful. I shake my head to push away the thought. 

I looked at Sabine, who if she could, would kill her right now. The princess takes her place next to me.

"You clean up nicely." I tell her but all she does is roll here eye. Neither one of us want to be here, so I tell the priest to just get on to the part where we become husband and wife.

"Very well, my lord." He says. "Do you, John Augustus, King and protector of Cordova, take princess Valkyrie to be your wife?"

"I do." I force myself to say.

"And do you, Valkyrie Rose of Aritrëa, take King John to be your King as husband?"

She hesitates but eventually says "I do."

"You may place the rings on each others fingers now." You could hear the people groan instead of cheer. I groan myself, but I have to fulfill my fathers wish. Even if it costs my own happiness...