The Benders

A/N: I've been waiting forever for this episode! :) This is my favorite one for some reason.

I stayed in the car, waiting for the boys, since they were asking the boy what had happened to him a week ago. Apparently, the kid had see a man, Jenkins and dragged him away in the middle of the night. I looked down at my slight baby bump, and rubbed my hand over my stomach. It was so tiny to know that I carry a child, something alive in my stomach.
It made me think about this child's father. What's it going to do without one? Where is he? Fuck! Why didn't I get his number? Should I track him down? Ugh... I over think things when I'm pregnant.
The doors suddenly opened, and they told me the story seemed kinda legit. Why would that kid lie?

Bar
"So the local police have now ruled out foul play. Apparently there were signs of a struggle." Sam said.
"They could be right- could just be a kidnapping." Dean said, as I look a sip of soda. No more beer, not fucking happening again. "Maybe this isn't our kind of gig."
"Yeah, maybe not. Except for this. Dad marked the area, Dean, 'Possible hunting grounds of a Phantom Attacker.'" Sam read Dad's handwriting.
"Why would he even do that?" I asked.
"Well, he found a lot of local folklore about a dark figure that comes out at night, grabs people, then vanishes. He found this too, this county has more missing persons per capita then anywhere else in the state." Sam said, reading out of the book.
"That is weird." Dean said.
"Yeah." I agreed.
 "Don't phantoms usually snatch people from their beds? Jenkins was taken from a parking lot." Dean said.
"Well, there are all kinds of phantoms- springheeled jacks, phantom gassers. They take people anywhere, anytime." I explained.
"Look, guys, I don't know if this our kind of gig, either." Sam admitted.
"Yeah, you're right. We should ask around tomorrow." Dean said.
"Right," I yawned.
"I saw a motel about 5 miles back." Sam said, grabbing money out of his wallet, and placing it on the table.
"Whoa, whoa. Easy. Let's have another round." Dean exclaimed.
"Really?" I asked. "I'm pregnant, Dean. No. I wanna sleep. Pregnant woman wants to sleep. Okay?"
"Yeah, we should get an early start." Sam threw in.
"You two really know how to have fun, don't you?" Dean asked sarcastically. I glared at Dean. He then put his hands up in surrender. "All right. I'll meet you outside. I got to take a leak." I roll my eyes, grab my Dr. Pepper, and get up, going outside.
As we walked to the car, there was a weird sound, like chains dragging. Sam and I look around but there's nothing. Sam then places Dad's journal on the hood of the trunk, and I place my pop down as well, Sam turns on his flashlight, and shines it around, then checks under the car, and I watch as he bends down. There was suddenly a hiss, and Sam screams. It was a cat. I'm practically laughing my ass off. "Shut up, Katie." He grumbled.
"That was hilarious, Sammy. Come on, you can't be mad at your favorite sister." I pouted.
"You're my only sister, Kathy."
"Well, that's not true. You got Dean too." I said, and we both laughed loudly, when suddenly I felt a hand cover my mouth and nose, and I breathed in the chemicals. My eyes rolling backwards, and my eyes lids closing shut. I was then surrounded by the darkness.

Waking Up
I groaned, as I sat up. I looked around and saw Sam-awake as well- in a small cell similar to mine. I stuck my whole arm through the bar. "Sammy," I cried, tears in my eyes. He looks to me, and goes over to the side my cell was to him.
"Hey, Katie, look at me. Don't cry, okay? You and the baby are going to be fine. I promise." Sam reassured, but it really wasn't enough. I let the tears fall. What if something happened to my baby?
Sam struggled with the bars, but it was no use. We're stuck. Sam suddenly looks to the other side of him, I look to see a man, laying on the floor, it was Jenkins.
And now, we're screwed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sam has now lifted himself, and kicked, at his cell door about ten times now, and he's about to get punched for it. Suddenly, he fell to the ground, and panted.
A groan was heard from across the room. And I knew that wasn't Sam. Jenkins.
"You're alive?" Sam asks, but Jenkins just groaned. "Are you okay?"
"Does it look like I'm doing okay?" He asked.
I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "Well you don't gotta be a dick about it."
"Where are we?" Sam asks, changing the subject, quickly.
"I don't know. Country, I think. Smells like the country." Jenkins said. 'Oh, well ain't that just handy- dandy?' I thought to Sam.
"You're Alvin Jenkins, aren't you?" I asked.
"Yeah."
Sam chuckles. "Wow. We were looking for you."
"Oh, yeah?"
"I wasn't." I said. "I was just there. I'm his sister."
"Well, no offense, man, but this is a piss-poor rescue." Jenkins said. Rudely, might I add.
"Our brother's out there right now, he's looking for us so..."
"So, he's not going to find us. We're in the middle of nowhere, waiting for them to come back and do God knows what to us." Alvin said.
"What are they? Have you seen them?" Sam asked. I face palmed.
"What are you talking about?" Jenkins asks.
"What ever grabbed us. What do they look like?"
"See for yourself." Alvin said, as the door opens. Two figures walked into the room, one of them hit Jenkins door, and the other unlocked it with control box on the other side of the room. It opened, and Jenkins panicked.
"Leave me alone! Don't you touch me! You leave me alone!" The man placed the plate next to the door, and I took this as my chance, as the men left.
"Wait!" I yelled, getting their attention. "Put me in the same cell as him," I said, pointing to Sam. "I want to be in the same cell as my brother."
One of them nodded, and opened the door. I stepped out cautiously, as the other hit Sam's door, then grabbed my arm, and threw me in. As if on instinct, I cover my stomach. "Hey!" Sam yells, coming over to me. "Watch it!" He then watches them walk away. "I'll be damned. They're just people."
"Yeah. What did you expect?" Jenkins asked.
'Monsters. Ghosts. Dem-' I thought to Sam, but he cut me off.
'Not helping, Hope.' Sam then looks to Jenkins. "How often do they feed you?"
"Once a day. They use that thing over there to open the gates." Alvin says, pointing to the control box.
"And that's the only time you see them?" I asked.
"So far, princess, but I'm waiting." Jenkins said. I growled, he did not just call me, 'princess'.
"Waiting for what?" Sam asks.
"Ned Beatty time, man." He said.
"I think that's the least of your worries right now." I said, as Sam began looking around for something. I don't know what, but I'm fucking hungry.
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah," I answered.
"What do you think they want, then princess?" Jenkins asked, as Sam grabs a wire or something.
"Depends on who they are. Call me princess again, you're not going to like me." I sneered the last part.
"They're a bunch of psycho hillbilly rednecks, if you ask me, looking for love in all the wrong places." Alvin said, then looked me up and down, I felt so uncomfortable. "Well, maybe not in all the wrong places."
Sam glared at him. "Don't talk about my little sister like that."
I then, leaned against the side of the cage, and Sam pulled as hard as he could on the wire. I felt tears in my eyes. I placed my hand on my stomach, and I heard a small, tiny voice. 'Momma?'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What's your name again?" Jenkins asked.
"It's Sam."
"Katherine."
"Why don't you give it up, Sammy? There's no way out." Jenkins pointed out. Sam pants and pulls again.
"Don't... Call me... Sammy!" Sam says, his anger radiating to me, then metal snaps, and Sam falls.
"Sammy!" I cried, crawling over to him. Dust falls, and we cough. Jesus, none of this is good for the baby.
"What is it?" Jenkins asks, bored.
"It's a bracket." Sam said, confused.
"Oh, thank God- a bracket. Now we got them, huh?" Alvin said, sarcastically. Okay, he's gonna get punched in the face, if he don't stop right now. Jenkins' door then opened, and I had a really bed feeling. "Must have been a short." Jenkins said, getting up, and opening the door a little more. "Maybe you knocked something loose." Jenkins walked out of his cage.
"I think you should get back in there, Jenkins." Sam said.
"What?"
"This isn't right." I said.
"Don't you want to get out of here?" Jenkins asked, walking around.
"Yeah, but that was too easy." I reasoned.
"I'm gonna get out of here. I'm gonna send help, okay? Don't worry." Jenkins tried to reassure, but it didn't help. I have a really bad feeling. I mean the guy's an ass, but he doesn't deserve to die.
"No. I'm serious. Jenkins, this might be a trap." Sam told him.
"Bye, Katherine. Bye, Sammy."
"Jenkins!" We both yelled after him.
I sighed, and leaned against Sam, who leaned against the cage wall. Jenkins former cage then closed, and locked shut by itself. Okay, now I know this is a trap, and I could tell Sam felt the same. Out of frustration, Sam slammed his palm against the cage.
"Sam? Is he going to be okay?" I asked, as laughter was heard from outside.
Sam looked towards the door Jenkins left through. "I don't know, Katie. Hey, how's that bun in the oven?"
"Um... I know, this is probably impossible, but I swear, I heard the baby's thoughts..." I mumbled.
"I'm sure it's fine, Katie." Sam said. I nodded. "Okay."
Suddenly, a loud scream was heard, then it stopped. Silence. Oh my God. Jenkins...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up to Sam shaking me. "We have a visitor." Sam said.
Thinking it was Dean, I sat up, and looked around, but only to find a woman in Jenkins cage. I sighed, but waited with Sam until she woke, which wasn't long of a wait.
"You alright?" Sammy asked the woman, when he noticed her awake.
She looked over at us. "Are you Sam and Katherine Winchester? Aren't you?"
"Yeah." We both said.
"Your uh. Your cousin's looking for you," she groans. Sam chuckles.
"Thank God." I moan, falling backwards, dramatically. I swear, even in the most serious situations, I can be dramatically weird. Sam smiles, and chuckles, silently.
"Where is he?" Sam asks, controlling his chuckles because of me.
"Oh. He, uh... I cuffed him to my car," she admitted. I sighed, face palming.
The door then opens. I sit up unexpectedly, and crawled over to Sam. He hugged me close, and placed his chin on my head.
"Sam? Kit Kat?" I heard a voice say. I look over to see- Dean! I smile up at him. "Are you guys hurt?"
"No." Sam said.
"How about that bun in the oven?" Dean chuckles. I look down at my stomach.
"I think the baby's fine." I said, smirking.
Dean slaps the cell. "Damn, it's good to see you."
"How did you get out of the cuffs?" the woman asks.
"I know a trick or two." Dean said, smirking. "All right." He said, going over to the door. "Oh.. These locks look like they're gonna be a bitch."
"There's some kind of automatic control there." I said, pointing to the control box.
"Have you seen them?" He asks us.
"Yeah." I said.
"Dude, they're just people." Sam said.
"And they jumped you?" Dean asks. "Kit Kat I get- she's pregnant- but you? Must be getting a little rusty there, kiddo."
"Hey!" I exclaimed.
"What do they want?" Dean asks, ignoring me, and walking over to the box.
"I don't know. they let Jenkins go, but it was some kind of trap." Sam said, while Dean clicked buttons on the box. "I mean, it doesn't make any sense to me."
"Well, that's the point. You know with our-" Dean started, but stopped, remembering the cop in the room, "our usual playmates, there's rules, there's patterns. But with people... They're just crazy."
"See anything else out there?" I asked.
"Uh, he has about a dozen junked cars hidden out back. I'm thinking when they take someone, they take their car too." Dean said.
"Did you see a black mustang out there, about 10 years old?" The cop asks.
"Yeah, actually, I did." She looked down, sadness clear in her eyes. "Your brother's?" She nodded. Oh, God, I don't even know what I would do if Sam or Dean went missing, and I don't know where they went. "I'm sorry...Let's get you guys out of here. Then we'll take care of those bastards."
I sighed. God I was getting a migraine. "This thing takes a key. Key?" Dean asks.
Sam shrugs. "I don't know."
"All right. I better go find it."
"Hey," Sam calls after him. Dean turns. "Be careful."
"Yeah." Dean says, and closes the control box lid.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So how old are you, Katherine?" Kathleen asked... I knew where this conversation was going.
"Um.. 17." I said, slightly uncomfortable.
"And you're pregnant?"
"Yeah. I was drunk, and snuck out, and went back to the bar I got drunk at, since I met a cute guy there, and... Yeah. This little one happened." I said, motioning to my stomach.
"Do you have anyway to contact the father?" She asked.
I sighed. "No. But I wish I did."
"Well, maybe you can..." She mumbled. My ears perked up, and that sentence caught my attention quickly.
"Really? How?"
"Well, I'm a cop. I can find information on anyone. If he's got any record at all, then I can find him. Do you know his first and last name?" She asked.
"Actually, yeah. I do. Ethan Adams." I said. That name would be stuck in brain forever. I would always remember it. "Thank you."
"Not a problem. You can give me your number when we get out of here." She said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I looked to the door, hoping it was Dean when it opened but was sad, and terrified, when a man came through, and it wasn't my eldest brother.
"What are you doing?" I asked him. He ignored me, and the gate unlocked. The man came forward gun in hand, and Sam, looked to the bracket on the ground. Just as the man aimed his gun at us, Sam threw the bracket at him, and a gunshot rang out. I screamed at the top of my lungs. The man stumbled, and I got out, pushing him away from us, as Sam got out.
"Katie, get Kathleen!" I nodded, and ran over to the control box, and another gunshot rang out. I looked over to see my brother and the man wrestling, over the gun. Sam tried to cock it, but it was out. "Damn," he mumbled. I pressed a random button, and Kathleen's gate unlocked.
Sam and Kathleen grabbed the man, just as someone yelled, 'Lee!' from the house. Oh, so that's his name. I went over to the power switch, opened it, and took out the fuses, then grabbed the key to the control box, while Sam and Kathleen placed Lee in Sam and I's cage, and Sam told Kathleen to go hide. Sam and I then ran off in a different direction, and scrambled up the ladder into the loft.
"Lee? Where are ya?" An old man's voice called out. Must be his dad, or something. "Lee!" I'm guessing they found Lee, because I heard, "Damn it. Judd, get the lights."
"They must've blown the fuses. " Judd guessed. I heard a light pad of footsteps come closer to the ladder, and Sam and I moved away from the gap, so they couldn't see us.
A noise was heard from down below, and I cursed in my head. The ladder creaked, indicating someone was coming, so Sam and I sunk to the ground. Grunts and struggling were heard from below, and Sam peeked over the hay to see what was going on.
Unfortunately, the old man saw him, and he ducked quickly. Sam then grabbed my hand and told me to run, as he pulled me along with him. Another shot, rung out as we jumped over hay.
"Fuck!" I yelled. Sam jumped down the ladder, which was like, 5 feet up, so I followed too, and just so you know, I landed perfectly.
Sam, and I ran around the corner, only to come face to face with Judd. "Hey!" Sam yelled, and Judd pointed his gun at us. I screamed, and we both ducked just in time, Judd fired, and shot his father. The old man flew backwards, and Judd froze for a split second, but that's all Sam needed to get behind him, and make a grab for the gun. Sam, successfully took it, and whacked Judd in the face, stomach, face, and then his face again, until he fell to the ground, knocked out.
Sam panted heavily, and looked to me, checking for any injuries. "I'm fine, Sammy." I said.
After helping drag Judd in the cell, then locking it, we went back into the room where Kathleen and the old man were in.
Kathleen, point in a gun at him. "I'll watch this one. You go ahead." She said in a shaky voice, not really reassuring me, or Sam. "Go ahead." She said, in a stronger voice. I nodded, and pulled Sam along with me, outside.
"Dude. You're face is jacked up." I said, to Sam. "How bad does it hurt?"
"It's fine. Let's go find Dean." He reassured. I nodded, and followed him into the house. This is going to be fun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After helping Dean with the girl, Missy, we heard a gunshot, and I knew exactly what happened. I grabbed a Sharpie, and pad, then wrote down my name and number on it. Then, 'Father: Ethan Adams', on it.
We went outside, and found Kathleen walking towards us. "Where's the girl?" She asked.
"Locked in a closet." I said, kind of guilty. She was only- what? 13? - And we locked her in a closet.
"What about the Dad?" Dean asked.
"Shot, trying to escape." She lied. The boys looked to me, and I shook my head 'No', indicating she was lying. But honestly, it doesn't matter. I looked to Kathleen, and the boys gave us some space.
"Um, here's my number if you find anything on Ethan. I wrote my name, and his name on it." I said, giving her the paper.
"Okay. Will do." She smiled, kindly at me. I had the urge, so I just did it. I hugged her tightly.
"I'm sorry about your bother, and um..." I mumbled, pulling back. "I know you lied about the Dad, but I don't care. It's okay, and I do understand how you feel." I said.
"Thank you Katherine."
"You're welcome." I smiled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kathleen was just behind us, listening to her radio thingy, when Dean said, "I think the car's at the police station." I sighed deeply.
"So... The state police and FBI are going to be here within the hour. They're gonna want to talk to you. I suggest that you're both long gone by then." Kathleen suggested.
Sam and I nodded.
"Thanks." Dean spoke. "Listen I don't mean to press out luck, but we're kinda in the middle of nowhere. Think we could catch a ride?"
"Start walking. Duck if you see a squad car." Kathleen said, then looked to me. "It'll be good for the baby you know."
"Sounds great to me. Thanks." Sam said.
"Listen, uh.. Sorry about your bother," Dean said, and Kathleen glanced to me, I smiled and nodded to her.
"Thank you. It was really hard not knowing what happened to him. I thought it would be easier once I knew the truth. But.." Kathleen's eyes pooled with tears. "It isn't really. Anyway, you should go."
We walked down the muddy drive way, slowly, and silently, when Dean spoke up. "Don't ever do that again."
Sam and I looked to him. "Do what?"
"Go missing like that." Dean grumbled, as I suddenly jumped on his back for a piggyback ride.
"You were worried about us." I chuckled.
"All I'm saying- you two vanish like that again, I'm not looking for you." Dean said. I rolled my eyes.
"Sure you will." Sam said, as Dean lifted me up more on his back.
"I'm not."
"So, you got sidelined by a 13-year-old girl, huh?" I asked.
"Aw, shut up." Dean growled.
"Just saying, you're getting rusty there, kiddo." I laughed.
"Shut up." Dean chuckles. I laugh at him.
"Alright, that's it." Dean says, then puts me down. I begin to whine like a puppy, and I look at Sam with big ass puppy eyes.
"Alright, come on," Sam grumbled, bending down. I jumped on his back, smiling. "You're such a dork." Sammy laughed at me, and he caught up with Dean.