Shadow

A/N: Okay, I will try to make this chapter as long as possible before I have to go to bed, and I have three characters picked out. The usernames will be at the bottom. Haha!! You know what I just realized? My mom, and the setting of this chapter are in the same place. My mom's gone to Chicago this week for work. Alright, I'll stop boring you. Read!

We were now in Chicago, and I was really fucking tired. The perks of being pregnant...
www.polyvore.com/shadow/set?id=14...
My brothers were wearing some kind of alarm company uniform, that they probably stole, I don't really want to know honestly.
Sam looks at the states newspaper, and read the title, me looking over his shoulder, I read as well.
'Manhunt continued for Stealth Killer
Second murder in 2 months
'
Kind of a crappy title, but, oh well. Sam exited the car, and I followed suit. 
"All right, Dean, this is the place," Sam said.
"I've got to say Dad and me did just fine without these stupid costumes." Dean grumbled, an I rolled my eyes at him. "I feel like a high-school-drama-dork."
Sam chuckles, and I do end up splitting a smile.
"What was that play you did?" Dean asked, and I gasped. "What was it- 'Our Town'. Yeah you were good. It was cute."
"Sam was in a play?" I exclaimed.
"Look, wanna pull this off or not? Katie isn't really helping, so we have to." Sam said, ignoring me. I stuck my tongue out at him, then crossed my arms over my chest.
"I'm just saying these outfits cost hard-earned money. Okay?" Dean said, and I exploded with laughter.
"Whose?" Sam asked.
"Ours. You think credit-card fraud is easy?" Dean asked, and I laughed again.
After like ten minutes of talking to the lady, because, we were talking about my pregnancy, and that's why I couldn't wear the uniform, she finally let us up.
"Thanks for letting us look around." I said, smiling kindly.
"The police said they were done with the place, so..." She shrugged it off. I nodded, and we walked into the living room. But of course, seeing all of that blood made me fucking nauseous. I leaned against the wall, and breathing in and out.
"You guys said you're with the alarm company?" She asked, looking around the room.
"That's right." Dean responded.
"We'll, no offense, but your alarms about as useful as boobs on a man," she said. I bit my lip, holing in my giggle.
"Well, that's why we're here- to see what went wrong, to stop it from happening again." I said, kindly.
"Now, ma'am you found the body?" Sam asked, nicely. 
She nodded. "Yeah."
"Right after it happened?" I asked, shaking off the nauseousness. 
"No. Few days later. Meredith's work called. She hadn't showed up. I knocked on her door that's when I noticed... The smell." She said, looking at the blood. I sighed, looking at her apologetically. I mean, she found a dead woman's body for Christ's sake!
"Any windows open? Any sign of a break-in?" Dean asked.
"No, windows were locked. Front door was bolted. Chain was on the door. We had to cut it just to get it." She explained.
"And the alarm still was on?"
"Like I said. Bang-up job your company is doing." She said, kinda rudely, but I think it was because Meredith died, and no found out until a few days after it happened.
"You see any over turned furniture, broken glass, signs of struggle?" I asked, knowing Dean was just about to.
"Everything was in perfect condition... Except Meredith." Sadness filled her voice.
"Well, what condition was Meredith in?" Sam asked, that sentence catching his attention.
"Meredith was all over, in pieces. The guy who killed her must've been a whack job. But I tell you, if didn't know any better, I'd have said a wild animal did it." She said.
"Ma'am, you mid if we take some time, give this place a once-over?" Sam asked.
"Sure. Go right ahead. Knock yourself out."
She then left the room, and I closed the door behind her, quietly.
"So, the killer walks in and out of the apartment- no weapons, no prints, nothing." Dean said, pulling out an EMF meter.
"I'm telling you ask soon as Katie and I found that article, I knew this was our kinda gig." Sam pointed out.
"I think I agree with you." Dean said the EMF spiking all five lights.
"So you talked to the cops?" I asked, standing up with the boys, as my phone rang. I groaned inwardly, and pulled it out of my pocket seeing who it was. It was Kathleen.
"I got to take this guys. Carry on." I said, motioning toward their little conversation. I pressed the answer button the screen, and placed the phone by my ear.
"Hello?" I asked.
"Katherine? I found him." She said.
"Okay. Look, my brother, my cousin, and I... Um, we're kinda on this job for my uncle, helping out some of his friends. Do you think you could call me back in two days and tell me where he is, or is it like, right now?" I asked.
"No, it's okay. It can wait. Help out your uncle, and call me in two days. Okay?" She spoke quickly.
"Okay, but can you tell me what you found?" I asked, glancing over my should to see Dean putting masking tape on the ground. I shrugged it off, and paid attention to Kathleen.
"It's nothing really.. Just his childhood addresses, schools he went to... And..." Kathleen paused like she didn't want to say something.
"And what Kathleen?" I asked.
"Look, I'm not stupid, okay? I know Dean's alive, and that he faked being your cousin, I know that you guys aren't normal, and your hunters of some kind." She whispered, and I stood there shocked. Well, that didn't take long for her to figure out. I guess that's kids why she's a cop...
"I think Ethan is a hunter like you guys. He's been from school to school, like you and your brothers. And like Dean, he's wanted in Illinois for credit card scams." She whispered.
I just stood there frozen. I expected a nice, sweet, normal, guy, not a hunter. I wasn't even thinking he was a hunter. I was kinda hoping he wasn't, maybe then, the baby could have a normal life, not some crazy ass monster filled one.
"Okay, thank you, Kathleen. I'll call you in two days, and we can meet up or something. Okay?"
"Okay. Bye Katherine, talk to you later." Then she hung up.
I looked over to see a symbol on the ground. "Ever seen that symbol before?" Sam asked.
"Never." Both Dean and I said.
"Me, neither." Sam spoke.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sam and I enter the bar, and begin looking for a good and non-crowded place to sit. Sam finds a little counter, and he drags me over, and we sit down. Dean sits in front of us as, he pulled out the news clippings.
"I talked to the bartender." Dean said.
"No, you flirted with the bartender." I corrected, not looking up from the clippings. "Did you get anything... Besides her number?"
"Hey, I'm a professional. I'm offended you would think that." Dean lied, horribly, might I add. "All right."
Sam an I faked a smile, nodding, like actually cared. "You mind doing a little bit of thinking with your upstairs brain, Dean?" Sam asked, as I giggled.
"Hmm? There's nothing to find out. Meredith worked here. She waited tables. Everyone here is her friend. Everyone says she's normal. She didn't do or say anything weird before she died. So, what about that symbol? Did you two find anything?"
"Nope. Nothing. It wasn't in Dad's journal or in any of the usual books. So I guess we just have to dig a little deeper I guess." I said, as Sam glanced around the room, making sure no one was listening in.
"There was a first victim, right, before Meredith?" Dean asked. I rolled my eyes.
"No, Dean, that's totally why it says, 'Two victims in the past 2 months'." I said, in my kinda pissed off mood.
"Woah... Pregnancy hormones much?" Dean asked, I glared at him, I swear if looks could kill he would have died 3 minutes ago.
"No. Kathleen found something on Ethan." I said, digging my fingers through my hair. "She knows who you are, she knows what we do. God! And she suspects Ethan is a hunter."
"Well, shit. Okay, after this, call her. Okay?" Dean asked. I nodded.
"Right. Anyway, his name was, uh... His name was Ben Swardstrom. Last month he was found mutilated in his own town house. Same deal. The door was locked. The alarm was on."
"Is there any connection between them?"
"Nothing we could tell," I threw in. "I mean not yet, at least. Ben was a banker. Meredith was a waitress. They never met, never knew anyone in common. They were practically from different worlds."
"So the only successful intel we've scored so far, is the bartender's phone number." Dean smirked. I rolled my eyes. Sam's attention was suddenly on the bar. Dean caught his look. "What?" He asked.
Sam got up, and left me with Dean. I groaned, and looked to Dean curiously. "Sam?" I called after him.
I rolled my eyes an got up, following him. He places his hand on a small, blonde, short haired, girl's shoulder, like he recognized her.
She turned.
"Meg." Sam said, surprised.
"Sam!" She smiled. "Is that you? Oh my gosh!" She got up and hugged him. "What are you doing here?"
"I'm just in town- visiting friends." That's all I heard when I walked over to Dean. Confused as all hell.
"Dean, Sam's talking to some girl." I said, pointing to them.
"Oh! I got to see this!"
"I thought you were going to California?" Sam asked.
"Oh, I did. I came. I saw. I conquered. Oh and I met what's his name- something Michael Murray- at a bar." Meg said.
"Who?" Sam asked.
"It doesn't matter. Anyway the whole scene got old, so I'm living here for a while." Meg smiled a small smile. To be honest, she seems really nice, but there's something off about her. It's my physic power, but it's like, something is blocking me, and I can't use it correctly. Dean clears his throat.
"You're from Chicago?" Sam asked ignoring Dean, while I giggled.
"No, Massachusetts- Andover." Meg told him. Sam smiled. "Gosh, Sam, what are the odds we'd run into each other?"
"Yeah, I know. I thought I'd never see you again." Sam admitted.
"Well, I'm glad you were wrong," she smiled. Wow, she's totally flirting with him! Ha ha! Dean clears his throat again, but louder.
"Dude, cover your mouth." Meg said. I covered my mouth with my hand, letting out a laugh. Dean got burned.
"Yeah, I'm sorry, Meg. This is I'm sorry- this is my little sister, Katherine-" Sam started but, before he could finish, Meg cut him off, smiling like a madman.
"Oh, gosh! Are you kidding? You're the famous Katherine?" Meg asked, I looked at Sam confused.
"Yeah, I guess so." I breathed a laugh, and she pulled me into a hug.
"Sam spoke highly of you." Meg smiled, letting our hug break, I swear I saw an weird little smirk. Okay, no it's my imagination. "And, awe, you're pregnant? Do you know if it's a boy or girl?"
"Oh, yeah, I'm pregnant. And nope, not yet. Honestly, I want a boy, but I'm okay with it if it's a girl." I smiled, feeling a slight blush. Yep, defiantly my imagination.
"But, this is uh- my brother, Dean." Sam chuckled. Her mouth popped open.
"This is Dean?" She asked pointing to him.
"Yeah."
"So you heard of me." Dean said, kind of smug-like.
"Oh, yeah, I've heard of you. Nice- the way you treat your brother like luggage." Meg said, and I looked to Sam automatically. He looked pretty much anywhere except, Dean.
"Sorry?" Dean asked.
"Why don't you let him do what he wants to do? Stop dragging him over God's green earth." Meg said.
"Meg..." Sam interrupted. "It's all right." Meg's eyes shifted from Sam to Dean, then me.
Dean whistles. "Okay. Awkward." He chuckles, nervously. "I'm gonna get a drink now."
I smiled innocently at them, and walked over to the bar, asking a guy for a Dr.Pepper. What? I absolutely love Dr.Pepper, it's practically all I drink now besides some water.
"You don't think I drag Sam around everywhere like luggage, right?" Dean asked. I swallowed the fizzy pop in my mouth, and looked to Dean.
"Look, Dean. Sam knows you mean well, but back during the scarecrow case, you kinda did, and remember you left me in the middle of nowhere. So, don't even start putting me in the middle. I'll get in the middle when you two are about to kill each other." I spoke. And, honest to God, it was the truth.

The new characters all come in, in different episodes. So, there they are....

 www.quotev.com/AllHailDaPrincess�... created, Paisley Grace- tumblr_lx828hUxx21r13wu5
She has a crush on Sam <3

Maxine created Maxine Rose Aahworth- 6172256889_77c96d5db3_z
Dean is her crush <3

Unbreakable created Elizabeth Michaels- tumblr_me0ywk7lI81rofy2n
Castiel is her crush <3