VI

I awoke with a smile on my face, my face greeting the day shine, hearts, and lungs expanded. I buried myself further into the soft material under me when my arm hit something hard and firm, causing me to open my eyes slightly. I was met by a pair of silver eyes, staring straight into my green ones. Just how long has he been watching me? Realizing he must have been watching me for a while, a blush makes its way onto my cheeks to my ears. Wasn't watching somebody sleep a tad creepy? I must have looked like an idiot.

"You know you're quite the sight to see when you're asleep." He told me shamelessly. Just like that, I could feel the, oh so familiar warm heat becoming even warmer on my face and ears, causing my ears to twitch. His eyes caught the slight movement of my ears, his eyes watching my ears as if it was the most amazing thing he had ever seen. My thoughts flashed back to the events of yesterday. I had seemed so open, so vulnerable, yet he didn't take it to his advantage at all. No, instead he comforted me and the rest was a blur but I believe that we fell asleep. I was jerked away from my thoughts when I felt something warm caress my ears. I whimpered as I closed my eyes, feeling the strange tingling sensation form again.

"D-does this hurt?" He asked me. I looked over to see his eyes filled with curiosity yet worry. It didn't hurt yet it was strange. I shake my head, he smirks as he starts to caress them stronger and faster. A foreign sound escaped my lips. I didn't know what it was, it sounded like a squeak but lower. I looked back at Ladon to see his eyes clouded with a new feeling I do not know of.

We were interrupted by someone clearing their throat, my attention immediately snapped to the source of the sound. There stood a boy probably the same age as me yet a couple of inches or so taller than me. I gasped and heard from me, his eyes were the lightest color of blue I had yet to see before. As his hair was a memorizing grey. But that wasn't what triggered my gasp, he was the same nixen that took me. The same one that is right to eat me. I shrunk away into the back of my beanbag as my breathing grew rapid. "Was I interrupting something?" He asked in a monotone voice. His voice held no emotion, neither did his eyes. His face too did not hold any emotion.
"Aaah, Jasiel. What a surprise. You're not hiding away in your cove and actually using your feet, isn't that great? Tell me, what brings you here Jas?" Hearing the nickname I could see his eyes harden in annoyance before returning back to his emotionless look.

"I thought I had told you not to call me that Laden." He spoke in annoyance seeping through his voice.
"Do I and will I ever listen though? Nope." He replied popping the p, smirking at a fuming Jasiel. Taking a deep breath, Jasiel turned his head to me, his eyes gazing into mine. My heart started beating faster as I struggled to breathe, fear was the only thing I could feel or sense right now. I blocked out the comforting words from Laden and the sly smirk from Jasiel. I was suddenly enveloped in warmth, trapped in something strong and firm. I started struggling, reminding me of when Jaspiel used his tail to hold me, I immediately stopped struggling when I felt Ladon's hands on my cheeks, whispering soothing words for me to hear.

After a minute or three, I finally caught my breath as I went to the bathroom to wash up.
"He's surely something, does he know you at all?" I heard the voice of Jasiel.
"He's mine and not yet, I just have to pray he doesn't even know." His? I'm not anyone's, anger bubbled up inside me, what was he not telling me, and why was I mad? I hardly knew this man so why am I becoming so attracted to him? I couldn't just sit here and not do anything, I have to go home. Home, not here, I was kidnapped here. The cold water being splashed on my face brought me back from my overwhelming thoughts. I have to leave.

I made my way back into the room, pretending to not hear anything they had just said.
"Alright elf boy, let's head to breakfast." He reached out his hand for me, I glared at him and walked without him. The confidence that I had soon turned to confusion to fear as I didn't know where I was. This was not a good idea, I should find Ladon. But what kind of house, or mansion is this? I had been back and forth, left to right yet I couldn't find the right path which led me back to the kitchen or the dining hall. There was nobody around either, where the hell am I?

I soon came across a massive yard, there was a maze, fountains, green everywhere you can see. It was beautiful, I could hear some people chattering, maybe they could help me.
"E-excuse me?" I squeaked, wishing I had sounded more confident and strong. The group of people turned to me, there were 4 teenagers, they looked close to Ladon's or my age. There were 2 girls and 2 guys, all looking down at me. My 5'2 was put to shame when even the girls stood around 5'6 to 5'7. The guys were definitely 6'4 or more.

The tallest one, dark brown chestnut hair smirking down at me. Eyes the shade of hazel with specks of gold, eyebrows raised.
"Well, what have we got here hm?" A rich Scottish accent lacing every word. He was definitely attractive, but nowhere as attractive as Ladon.
"And what's your little name darling?" He bent down to reach my eyes. His eyes found their way to my ears as he watched them twitch in embarrassment.
"I was um, I was wondering if you knew where Ladon was? Or maybe the kitchen?" I mumbled.
"What was that darling, didn't catch you. Could you repeat for me?" He asked as his hands came to fondle with my ears. Though this time I didn't feel more painful than when Ladon would touch them, more uncomfortable.

"Well, this sure is something strange here innit?" He asked with that sly smirk.
"Oi, Amais. Could you not? Just answer his question you bastard." The boy behind him spoke.
"Their so soft, and they twitch. It's adorable. Innit?" He asked turning to meet the faces of his friends. The girls rolled their eyes as the boy did too.
"Well he's a cu-" He was cut off by the sound of water splashing. In a mere second, Amaris was soaking wet.
Everyone had their eyes on someone behind me, I slowly turned around too. I was met with nobody other than Jasiel. He stood there with a sly smirk on his face with his hands still facing the now soaking and fuming Amaris.
"YOU BLOODY BASTARD, I'M COMING OVER THERE AND CUTTING OFF YOUR-" A hand came over his mouth as he struggled while the girls held him back.
"Not a good idea idiot." The other boy said. He had blond hair, brown eyes. He looked at Jasiel with apologetic features as he and the other girls took Amaris away.
"Now before you panic or faint again little one, I won't eat you or hurt you. I saw you wandering around and thought you might be lost. This palace is a huge one after all." He told me.

"Now come on, Ladon is worrying his arse off." He offered his hand. Hesitantly, I took it, his hand tightened around mine as he took me around the huge palace. Palace huh, does this mean there was a king or a queen somewhere? I had not heard of this or anything really. I was once again jerked away from my thoughts when I was hit face first with a strong firm chest and two strong arms wrapping them around my torso and lifting me in the air making me squeal.

"Holy, thank the Goddess. Where in the name of the heavens did you run off to elf boy?" Ladon asked me.
"Um-" I started before Jasiel spread us apart.
"Ladon, you're going to crush his bones, you moron. A dragon shifter is strong you know, not to mention the prince" He spoke with a hand action when saying 'prince' to mock Ladon. Dragon shifter? The prince of dragon shifters? As in the ones that-

What have I gotten myself into?