Chapter Five - Rising tension

❝ So, you are saying you have yet to decide on who your right hand will be? ❞

Gwenhael turns to face Elly. The older man hunched over a withered cane as he turned to face her, his gaze locked on the young woman as he stroked his long grey beard with his decrepit fingers. He towered over the young girl, in both stature and presence, and bore a resemblance reminiscent of the old warlocks and wizards of olde. Hell, even his attire was close to it, from the silken robes to the large pointy hats. Though, unlike most mundane mages, his garment was embellished with many crests and accents, from the royal purple fabric to golden finish to match the many decorations he wore on his wrists and fingers, as well as the large pendant around his neck that he wore proudly. To that end, the ire's of time riddled his features, from his tired sunken eyes to his boney fingers. Yet despite this, the elven druid bore the weight of many burdens. From being the grandmaster of the Agrovian school of magicks, and the leading figure of the TAROT faction. Gwenhael had made a name for himself as one who had primarily studied all forms of magic in the current world and has the adaptability and affinity to use just about all the elements. This was a significant reason why he had taken such a great interest in the young Elly from the day he saw her, for she was seen as one to be loved by the fae, adamantly nicknamed [Titania] due to her ability to use all types Elementa, and even contract herself to multiple at a time. Though she was still learning, she showed great promise, and by having his deputy Romeo guide her as well as the help from her father-figure Veld, she was growing into a fine magician. His only qualms, however, was the way she used her power – Mixing raw physical force with magic in hand to hand combat was unheard of but showed excellent results. He offered her the same expression as he did everyone else – A sullen gaze, almost as if he took pity on her, yet that was far from true.

❝ No... Not yet. I'm still deciding who to choose, though I've had a few ideas of possible candidates, I think I need some more time to think things over... ❞ Elly responded as she sat up promptly in her chair, watching the older man as he stood behind the large desk littered with old books and scriptures. He stood facing the wall, a massive bookshelf towering over the two of them, full of literature from all over the world, legends and secrets alike. When Gwenhael turned to face her, she kept a straight face despite her nervousness. Though she knew this man well, she couldn't help but feel uneasy around him; she was unsure if that was due to his outward demeanour or the aura he cast. Whatever it was, it put her on edge, just like it did with most people—fitting for the grandmaster of the continents most prominent magick school and head chairman of the Magus Council.

❝ Take your time, child. You've been through much this past year; I will notify the council of your decision. As for the Consul tonight, I expect to see you there. We have much to discuss, and I am sure Commander Elaine would be glad to see you there. ❞ Gwenhael spoke as he moved to sit down in the oversized wooden chair of his, setting his cane aside to lean it against the arm of his throne. Sitting back, he groans to himself in thought, once again stroking his beard as he looks upon the young girl.

❝ And what about your health? Are you feeling better now? ❞ He asked. Elly's health had always been somewhat of a concern for him, and with her being out of commission for so long, it came to no surprise that he would show some form of concern.

❝ Yes. I'm feeling a lot better than I did after the Knighting Ceremony. ❞ Elly nodded, knowing that it was better for her to keep quiet about her constant dizzy spells or even the random nightmares she had lately.

❝ Well, then that is good to hear. I would recommend that you visit Beatrice for a checkup. Mainly due to your condition, I fear that there may perhaps be other underlying effects to your health that you are still yet to become aware of. ❞ Gwenhael tapped his finger softly, knowing she was hiding something from him but figured that if she wished to speak of it, she would.