Chapter 49

One arm resting on the bar in the corner of the sitting room, Pharzuph brought the other hand up, taking a sip of the whiskey he was holding.

It had caught Lucille off guard to see him drinking alcohol when they had arrived, but he had also seemed uncharacteristically stressed. With every glass he finished the tension inside of him seemed to leave his body. His third glass had him fairly lax, though she could still see a hint of frustration under the veil of his intoxication.

For some reason she'd thought alcohol wouldn't do anything to a fallen angel, but if they were known to indulge in the other sins of the human world, then it only made sense that alcohol would be one of them as well. It was a good thing, too, because something had been troubling him even before Aleron informed him that Eranel had paid a visit to their home.

"I'll have to deal with him. I am sorry this had to happen, I did a lot of screening in an attempt to find a trustworthy incubi and clearly I failed. Damn him."

"I won't pretend that I wasn't livid to see him in my foyer, but it wasn't entirely unexpected. Finding an incubus that is trustworthy is impossible, so I knew the risks going into this. But nevertheless I never want to see him again and I made that very clear to him. He knows what will happen if he tries to bother us again." Aleron said grimly.

"That is very true. I feel he may have been fine had he not gotten hooked so easily, but now that it has happened I would..." Pharzuph glanced over to Lucille. "I would be careful."

"Of course. He won't be coming anywhere close to Lucille, ever again."

"Nor will we repeat this. I don't think there is more training that needs to be done, before she seriously practices with you, but I don't think that a sex demon would be a good option for the continuation of this training. Even if you may have your influence and will have the best sense of how much energy she is giving of, it just isn't safe to bring in yet another sex demon into this."

"I agree. But if not a sex demon, then what other type? Most demons are grotesque in the eyes of a mortal."

Briefly Lucille considered speaking up. It was as if they had forgotten she was sitting right there, speaking of who—or what—she was going to have sex with without even asking her opinion on the whole matter. But she waited, just to see what Pharzuph would suggest. Aleron was very clearly concerned with who she would be with, and she knew that while his biggest concern was the fact that she was his and anyone else would be encroaching on his territory, he still had her feelings in mind as well.

"I know you rejected this suggestion before, but now that some barriers have come down, it might not hurt for me to finish out her training." It was a smarmy suggestion, but his face and tone were both serious.

Bile rose in the back of her throat. She looked to Aleron, wide-eyed, and shook her head. Though she still didn't see him the same way she did the human man she'd thought was her father, and even though she'd gotten used to him watching, Pharzuph was still her biological father and the suggestion still disgusted her.

"And it is still a firm no, Pharzuph." Aleron responded immediately. "Lucille does not want to have sex with you, understandably so, and I will not force her to. It is a self serving, gross suggestion and I don't want to hear it again."

She was thankful she had Aleron to stand up for her.

"It won't be easy to find someone who can be trusted with Lucille and who can also sense and even agitate her energy, not in the slightest." Pharzuph took another sip.

"Then why don't I finish out her training? I've had more than enough time to come down from my addiction to her energy, I'll be able to handle it long enough for her to get it under control."