Will I Ever See my Reflection in Your Eyes

3 weeks had passed since Brett was officially diagnosed with Hanahaki.

Eddy did not buy the story Brett told him that he only had Hay Fever, for Brett's coughs only seemed to get worse. However, he did not wish to protrude Brett's privacy regarding his health, although Eddy was getting more and more concerned as the days went by.

"That bow hold is so sacrilegious, dude!" Eddy laughed as the duo were recording another video reacting to Chinese dramas' blasphemous violin acting.

Brett cringed, "And the poor bow is so tight! For those of you who don't know, having a bow too tight is damaging to the hair, and creates way too much tension for the wood. It'll snap pretty easily."

He felt another surge of coughing come up his larynx. "Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom quickly."

Brett began to cough over the toilet seat again. This time, whole flowers began to come out, instead of the scattered petals he had been coughing out over the previous weeks. '1 week left, if I am lucky,' Brett sighed to himself, and began to clean the mess up.

As he stood up from the bathroom floor, something, no, someone, was standing at the toilet door.

"Brett...you have Hanahaki?" Eddy stood there, brows knitted together almost in a straight line.

"Eddy...I'm sorry...I..."

"Brett! Why didn't you tell me anything? This is serious! You can die from this! And you were coughing out entire flowers! Are you already on stage 3 Hanahaki? Do you realize how much time you have left?" Eddy yelled angrily, and it was the first time Brett saw him so exasperated.

"Eddy...I'm really sorry..." Brett's head hung, and tears began to form.

Eddy walked over and hugged Brett, "I'm sorry for lashing out at you like that...who...is it?"

Brett's eyes opened violently, and big, fat, teardrops began to fall onto Eddy's shirt.

"Judging by that reaction, you'd rather not say," Eddy said, "Remove them surgically, Brett. Whoever you're loving is not worth your love if she doesn't realize how amazing you are and doesn't love you back."

Brett's heart felt like it was in literal pieces at that moment.

Oh Eddy...whom I really love is you...but...I will never see my reflection in your eyes...

Brett felt the manjusakas dig roots into his lungs as Eddy was still holding him, and the throbbing pain ached through his entire body.

He knew he did not have much time left.

"The flowers...they're digging their roots into my lungs..." Brett looked up at Eddy, and saw his pupils dilate in panic.

"Before I die...there's one last thing I want to do. And say," Brett said softly through the pain.

He tiptoed, and brushed his lips against Eddy's.

Eddy felt a faint fragrance of manjusakas, as well as hints of metallic blood.

"The person whom I love, is you, Eddy. I'm sorry," Brett smiled through the tears, and his body subsided.