Chapter 2-Slime & The Eri Patrol

A/N- I should really plan things out before I post them. Also, I'm writing the slime incident by memory so it might be inaccurate.

—————

Hitoshi's POV

Hitoshi and Izuku in their civilian personas. They saved up enough money to go get some clothes for Eri. Eri didn't have or want a civilian persona. It's not like she needed one though. They doubted anyone would recognize her. But just as a safety precaution, they only let her out on very special occasions.

"What do you think Eri would like?" Hitoshi asked. He held up a few dresses and shirts. Eri wasn't very picky about anything. She would probably wear everything in the store if she could. But she preferred more girly styles. Izuku stared at the options and after a moment, he pointed at a small yellow dress with flower prints covering it. 

Hitoshi smiled and put the others back on the racks. They had picked out a large selection of clothes. Since they didn't go out very often, they had to stock up a ton on shopping trips. He and Izuku then started to go to the register. 

"Hey," Hitoshi started. "Do you think we should get Eri a treat? She hasn't had one in a long time. Maybe we should get her some brownies or something?"

Izuku nodded. They new this great bakery nearby and had some extra cash to spare. They purchased everything and continued walking for a few more minutes until they reached a building with delicious scents emitting from it. They opened the door and a small 'ching' from the bell was heard. 

"Do you want anything?" Izuku asks. "We could probably share something if you want." 

"No, I'm good," replied Hitoshi. He looked out the window as they were waiting in line. He saw..... fire and sludge? His eyes widened. "Izuku!" He whispered urgently. "Look!"

Izuku turned his attention away from the line. He walked toward the window and squinted his eyes. "Holy crap," he mumbled. "We have to do something!"

"We can't just put ourselves out there! We don't even know what's going on!" Hitoshi argued. "Wait, Izuku, don't-!"

Izuku was already out the door and racing towards the scene of the commotion. Hitoshi had no choice but to follow. 'Damnit 'Zuku! You can't just run out there! I mean, I guess we do this all the time but not in public!'

By the time he caught up, he saw what was going on. A villain made of slime was holding somebody hostage. He squeezed through the crowd to get a better look. It was........ HOLY ŠHÎT BAKUGO? He once saw a picture of Bakugo before, and it definitely looked like him, the red eyes, ash blonde hair, the look on his face, it matched him perfectly. So he was making Izuku's life a living hell before? And also, WHY AREN'T THE HEROES DOING ANYTHING? He saw Izuku in the crowd and grabbed his arm.

"What are you doing?!" He hissed. "Are you seriously going to go after him? The one who made your life miserable? Beat you down? Not to mention making a public appearance?!" He knew Izuku wanted to go save him. He had the heart and mind of a true hero. But he couldn't. They couldn't risk anything. 

Izuku broke free of his grasp. "Well if the heroes aren't going to do anything, I am," he states, full of determination. Just like that, he starts running. Hitoshi groaned internally and chased after him. He wouldn't let Izuku do it alone. They stuck together no matter what, if one was going to die, so was the other.

He ran side-by-side Izuku, ignoring the calls of the heroes behind them. 'Crap! What are we going to do? He's made of liquid and that's a pretty tight grip he's got on him..... his eyes! They're solid! If we get them, we might have a chance of getting that bītçh out!'