Chapter 13- Working Around Things

A/N- have you ever seen a story with more comments than votes? Im kinda curious

—————

Juvenile detention.

It looked big in Izuku's eyes. Where all the 'delinquent' kids were.

It better than a legitimate prison.

But he wouldn't fit in at all.

Then again, he had never fit in anywhere.

School, home, vigilantism, even walking down the street.

Juvenile detention would be different, but in the end it would all be the same.

Shunned out.

Izuku sucked air through his teeth. He looked up at Aizawa. "Why can't I just stay with you? Mic thinks it's a great idea."

"But I don't," Aizawa responded. "We don't need you running off to wherever in the middle of the night."

"Don't you have security cameras inside your house?"

"And how do you know that?"

"I looked inside."

Aizawa groaned. Why did he have to look after that problem child? It added a load to his schedule and spiked up his insomnia. At least he was going in two days. 

"I don't get why you do all that stuff."

"Stuff?" Izuku had a puzzled look on his face.

Aizawa looked down at him. "You know so much about me and other heroes, from the moment we wake up to the moment we fall asleep, and to put it bluntly, it's very creepy."

"R-Really?" Izuku wasn't even aware of that. "I-I'm sorry! They were precautions!"

"Precautions?"

Izuku recalled a memory from a few years ago. "Y-Yeah. Do you remember the first time we met?"

"I think so. In that one abandoned warehouse?"

"Yeah. That one."

Aizawa remembered it all too clearly. It was when Shadow Step and Brainstorm were inexperienced. It was just by luck that Brainstorm was able to kick a nearby stone at the roof above him, knocking down a loose piece of wood on Aizawa's head.

In that split second, they were gone. 

Izuku's face changed, he looked scared. The aura surrounding him changed.

"Do you know how terrifying it is to be a vigilante? I panicked so badly when your scarf caught me. I didn't even think of the possibility that an underground hero would actually find us. I was off guard."

"I wanted to cry, scream, do anything I could to get out of that situation."

Izuku's gaze started wandering away from reality.

"It was only by luck we were able to escape. If we were caught off guard, powerless again, it would be much harder to get away. So we looked up everything we could about underground heroes. Everything."

"And we kind of got obsessive, it's not easy living like me and 'Storm. We needed as much information as we could get our hands on."

He scratched his green hair, his expression showing slight embarrassment. "I wanted to be more useful to 'Storm, because he's the one that does the most fighting. He's everything to me, so I thought researching would help him get a better feel on things."

Aizawa looked in wonder. 'Everything?'

"Gah! I'm sorry! W-Was I rambling again?" Izuku worried frantically.