Chapter 12- The Effects of Guilt

A/N- im so glad everybody took Shinsou's side last chapter.

(Chapter 284 tho-)

—————

What happened?

Izuku remembered All Might's voice, then waking up in the hospital. Just like that.

He was uncomfortable there. He didn't like the unfamiliar faces of people, he didn't like showing his face in public. He didn't like any of it.

'What happened to 'Toshi? Is he safe? Is he home? Why did I black out? Is everybody safe? Please don't tell me Kacchan is here. Where am I?'

His whole body started trembling with every thought he had. Hundreds of thoughts were racing through his head, too quick for him to process them all.

"What's happening....?" Izuku mumbled without realizing it.

"You're in the hospital."

Izuku looked up. It was Eraserhead. Recovery Girl was also in the room, along with Nezu.

Heroes... that means...

"E-Eraser? Where a-am I?"

His heart rate increased. 

"Call me Aizawa," the hero replied. "You're at UA. You blacked out when you crashed the USJ trip. We have a lot of questions to ask you about...... are you okay?"

He stared at Izuku, who started zoning out. "I have to get back.... I need to know where I am.... is he okay? Where did he go? Why didheleavemeandwhyamIhereinsteadof-"

The mumbling soon turned illegible.

Aizawa snapped his fingers in front of Izuku's face. 

Izuku jolted at the movement. "Ah! Eraser! I-I mean, A-Aizawa..." His voice lowered into a whisper. "S-S-Sorry..."

Aizawa kneeled down so he faced Izuku at eye-level. "Did you turn into a different person?"

"H-Huh?!" The confused greenette shook his head. "W-What do y-you mean?"

"You're not cocky or confident or childish right now."

Oh. That's what he meant. Izuku flushed with embarrassment. "U-Uh... Y-Yeah, I'm like this w-without my m-mask on. Ohmygodthisisembarrassing."

 An awkward pause.

"If I'm at UA, t-then does that mean K-Kacchan is here?" He blurted out. He smacked his hand over his mouth in an instant and shut his eyes closed.

"Kacchan?"

A lump formed in Izuku's throat. "N-Nothing."

"Say it."

The look in Aizawa's eyes were terrifying to Izuku. A few seconds passed before he eventually gave in. "K-K-Katsuki B-Bakugo."

The teacher hesitated when he heard the name. "He's not here right now. And speaking of Bakugo, how do you know-"

"Liar."

Aizawa blinked. "What?"

"You're lying. I think he's outside the door or in the hallway right now."

The look of astonishment on Aizawa's face was all Izuku needed to know. The erasure-quirk user turned his head around, signaling something to Nezu. 

The UA principal opened the door, proving Izuku's claim to be correct. There stood his former bully, standing idly at the door.

"K-Kacchan..."