𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃

your pov.

i have been on the road ever since the epidemic started and it fucking sucks! i wish it could go back to the way it was before.

clean water, a home, warm food, with my parents. they had gotten bit not long ago — maybe two months? they weren't paying attention to their surroundings and it happened right in front of me.

i had to kill them. i wish they were still here with me, i miss them so much.

i am absolutely exhausted from not being able to rest for a long amounts of time, also being dehydrated and starved didn't help.

my body was filthy from head to toe covered in either walker or human blood, my hair is knotted and my clothes were mostly teared up.

my legs were starting to give out, black dots filling my sight, becoming very tired, feeling myself fall to the concrete, i could slightly hear voices coming from behind me. ❝ hey dad, i think she's alive! ❞ my eyes ringing the last thing i saw was a boy running towards me before passing out.

my eyes opened slowly groaning in pain, feeling a soft mattress underneath me, my eyes shot open.

i started to panic, seeing a needle in my arm — i got stopped when i was about to try to rip it out. ❝ woah, woah. it's okay, you're safe. ❞ i looked up and it was the boy i had once seen before i fainted.

❝ where am i, what did you do! ❞ i shouted at him seeing a man rush into the room in front of the boy pushing him behind him. ❝ you don't know if she's dangerous or not carl, you need to be more careful! ❞ the older man yelled at the boy whose name is carl..?

❝ i promise you i'm not dangerous, i'm just scared. i am alone. can you please tell me where i am and what you are doing to me. ❞ i could slowly feel a panic attack coming on.

my breathing quickened, my hands became clammy, tears stung in my eyes; i had trouble breathing. the man started holding carl back but giving up when he started thrashing around in his hold.

❝ hey, hey. look at me. you are okay. we're not going to hurt you! we want to help. breath in and out. do it with me. ❞ the boy ran over in front of me struggling to focus on his words — he held my hands in his own. i did what i was told, slowly calming down after a few minutes.

❝ how many walkers have you killed? ❞ carl asked softly grasping my hand in his, ❝ zombies? too many to count. ❞ his thumb brushed over my knuckles, ❝ how many people have you killed and why? ❞

❝ two cause they were my parents and i didn't want them to suffer by turning into one of those things. ❞ he nodded at me, a small smile dancing across his lips.

❝ you could live here if it's okay with my dad. we have houses, a community. ❞ i returned the smile back to him, ❝ i don't want to be a burden, but if i was allowed to — i would love if i could stay. ❞

❝ i'm sure it will be okay, how about we get you cleaned up? ❞ i nodded hesitantly to him. maybe me fainting having my life changed for the better.