The Confession

My eyes lock with his and he opens his arms. I run and hug him tight. He picks me up and swings me around. "I missed you so much Riles.." I whisper to him. "I missed you too Y/N.." He whispers back. I smile. My legs wrap around his waist area and my arms around his neck. He walks to the cafeteria, I haven't moved and I won't. Riley takes us to the table. He sits down and i'm on his lap. "Aww" Izzy says. "I told you I was gonna give you a big hug when you get back" I say nuzzling his neck. "Oh I know you were going to." He says. I smile. "Let's play truth or dareeeeee" Izzy says. I get off Riley's lap. "Who's going first?" I ask looking at Izzy. "Meeee!" Ali says. "Y/N truth or dare?" She asks. "Mmmmm, truth." I say, somewhat afraid of what she's going to have me tell. "Do you, or have you, ever had/have a crush on Riley?" Ali asks. I glare at her, "Maybe.." I say. I can see the small smile across Riley's lips grow. "Maybe what? That doesn't answer me." Ali says. I groan. "Do I have to? You guys already know the answer." I say. "But Riley doesn't." She says. I groan once more. "Fine.." I say giving in. They get excited. "Yes, I do have a crush on Riley..." I mumble, pulling my legs into my chest. It was my turn but I didn't feel like asking anyone anything. The bell rings and I walk to class. I sit with Jasper and talk to him

Riley's POV

I watch them, I watch as her eyes glisten from the sunlight. Now that I know she likes me, I could easily make the move on her but HE is getting in the way.

Y/N's POV

I get up when the bell rings and I walk outside talking to both of them. "By the way, jasper, this is Riley my best friend. Riley, this is jasper." My gaze shifts between them. "Nice to meet you," Jasper says causing me to smile at him. Riley scoffs and walks ahead, he's been acting off lately. I turn to jasper, "I'm sorry I don't know what's gotten into him." I say. "No it's alright." Jasper says, I smile softly at him. "Here i'm gonna go see what's up with him i'll be back." I tell Jasper before jogging toward Riley's direction. "Riles!" I shout, causing him to look at me. I walk up to him. He turns his back to me. "Riley." I say. He ignores my calling. I grab his shoulder and turn him around. "What?" He asks avoiding eye contact. "What's gotten into you Riley? Is there something you're not telling me?" I ask him looking into his eyes even as he avoids mine. Riley clicks his tongue and rolls his eyes, "Y/N, I'm not in the slightest bit into you. So why don't you run back to your little boyfriend and leave me alone." He says, this time looking straight into my eyes. I stand there, my mind replaying his words. I remove my hand from his shoulder. "Fine then, be that way.." I whisper looking down at the ground. My heart felt as if it had sank to the pit of my stomach. Tears threatened to fall but I refused to show weakness. I look at Riley once more then walk away in the direction of Jasper. I walk over to Jasper who's also with everyone else, they can tell somethings wrong. "Y/N..?" Izzy starts. "I don't...I don't wanna talk about it..." I say as the tears threaten to fall again but I had wiped them away. Izzy nods and goes back to talking to Ali and Alia. Ray pulls me off to the side and I explain what Riley has said to me. He gives me one of his tight yet comforting hugs. I can't believe I actually thought he would like me. I bury my face in Ray's chest. Riley had played me for a fool but sadly for him I won't let down easy. We walk back to everyone. "Y/N, is it okay if I explain what happened?" Ray asks me in a soft tone. I look up at him and nod. Ray explains and as soon as he mentioned Riley, Izzy got pissed. "Riley's the one making you cry?" Izzy asks me pissed off but using a soft tone. "Yeah but don't do anything to him." I tell her. She sighs and nods. I hug Jasper since he's about to leave with his siblings. Everyone heads over to Izzy's car since she always drops us off at our houses.

I stayed quiet during the ride to my house. "Bye guys, see you tomorrow. Thanks for the ride." I say, grabbing my bag then getting out. "Don't mention it!" Izzy shouts. "Bye Y/N!" They shout before I shut the door. I shoot them a smile before walking inside. I hear my parents actually having a normal conversation, can't say I've heard that in a while.  I walk upstairs to my room and lock the door.  Riley's hoodie, spread out on the bed. Even seeing his hoodie pisses me off. I angrily grab his hoodie then open the window. I jump to the treehouse next to my window, I climb down the ladder. I start walking to Riley's house, it took about 10-15 minutes to get here. I ball up the hoodie and toss it at the porch before storming off into the woods. I look back over my shoulder at Riley's house, I bump into someone and stumble. "I'm so sorry I wasn't looking whe-" I start but stop once I see who I bumped into. The first thing I notice is the blood covering his mouth. I let out a fearful gasp and back away from jasper. My back hits a tree. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I look back over my shoulder at Riley's house. My foot stumbles, tripping over a tree root. I lose my footing and scrape my knees against the forest floor. I hiss in pain, looking down at the blood trickling down my legs, also causing a burning sensation all throughout my legs. A tree branch snaps and I turn my head towards the direction of the noise. A dark haired man has his face buried in the neck of a deer carcass. Standing next to him is.. Edward? I try to stand but the pain in my knees doesn't let allow me to. I groan as the pain starts to grow worse. Catching Edward and Emmett's attention, they both look at me. I swallow thickly and squeeze m eyes shut, hoping it's just my imagination. I open my eyes and they stand in front of me, including Jasper. The wild look in his eyes never fading, showing signs of being ready to attack me. While his brothers don't look as bad. "D-Dont hurt me..." I stutter. "We won't, but no promises Jasper over here won't. He's the one you need to be worried about." The dark haired one said. I forgot his name but it had also started with an E. I try to speak again, nothing comes out, still afraid of them. I look over at Riley's house once more to see the hoodie still sitting there from when I threw it, meaning Riley hasn't come home yet. "I-I just wanna go home..I didn't mean to disrupt you three.." I say, scared out of my mind. Emmett, looked at me, kneeled down and got close to my face, causing me to freeze and tense up. Emmett bursts out laughing and I look at Edward and Jasper. Jasper's still staring me down. Edward helps me up and carries me while Jasper gets held back by Emmett. We arrive to this amazing house and he carries me inside.

He takes me to Dr. Carlisle and sets me down on a chair he has in his office area. Edward and Emmett explain what happened to me and Carlisle nods. The two leave the room and Dr. Carlisle grabs a few bandages. "What were you doing out in the woods?" He asks rolling up my pant leg, also being careful of my knees. "I had stopped at my 'friend's ' house to drop off the hoodie he gave me after we fought today, I stormed off into the woods and I ran into Jasper, I saw blood all around his mouth and it scared me, that was until I heard Emmett and Edward. They came over and took me back here." I explain as he starts to bandage my wounds. "Oh, then let me explain." He says. Basically what he told me was that him and his entire family are vampires, Jasper was out feeding when I ran into him, they are called vegetarians because they drink animal blood, not human. Jasper being a newer vegetarian, loses his self control when come in close contact with human blood. I stand up, with Carlisle's help and I walk into the living room. Izzy texts me, "Hey where are you? It doesn't say you're at home." I text her back, "I'm not." She texts me, "Well then can I at least come pick you up so we can talk pleaseeeee?" I smile and say sure, tell her the address and wait. Look at my messages and I saw Riley's name. I sigh, I guess those I love you'd meant nothing Riley.. "Who's Riley?" Edward asks me. "How did yo-" I start. "Mind reading." He says. "Oh, well Riley is- was one of my closest friends, today I basically confessed to him that I liked him and he said he wasn't into me even though we had told each other I love you multiple times, I guess his just didn't mean as much as I meant mine." I explain. "What's his last name?" Edward asks. "Biers, Riley Biers." I say. He nods. Izzy texts me saying she's here and I say goodbye. I walk to her car and get in. "Stop at Riley's. I wanna see if he's been home yet." I say and she nods. We start driving and she stops. Riley still hasn't been home...weird, school got out an hour ago and it usually only takes Riley 20 minutes to get home.

Riley's POV

It's the late evening, wet, cold, rainy and I haven't been home at all. I lean my back against a tree. Look where my damn jealousy got me this time..I've fucked up in life but this time I crossed the line. I slam my fist against the tree. I know if I apologize, it won't change the feelings she felt when I told her I wasn't into her when my mind runs in circles for her. I sigh and start walking again. I see my house in the distance and I keep walking. It started to rain heavily. I step onto my porch to see the hoodie I let Y/N have, balled up. I grab the hoodie and walk inside. My dad looks at me, "Where have you been?" He asks with the stern voice he always uses when i'm later than usual. "Dad I messed up...I messed up bad.." I say as I toss the hoodie on the couch. "What happened son?" He asks me. I sigh, sitting on the couch and grabbing the hoodie, placing it on my lap. "My jealousy got to me today and I really hurt Y/N today.." I say, I can feel the tears building up. "What did you say?" He asks me, coming to sit next to me.

I let out a shaky breath, "I got jealous of Y/N hanging out with the new kid, Jasper so I walked ahead and walked towards the end of the lot, today was also the day she told me she liked me...she ran over and I ignored her..she grabbed my shoulder and turned me around and she asked if I was hiding something from her...instead of talking I said Y/N, I'm not in the slightest bit into you. So why don't you run back to your little boyfriend and leave me alone." I say, staring at nothing as a tear slips from my eye and slowly goes down my cheek. "Riley...there's other girls-" He starts but I cut him off. "I don't want other girls Dad! I want her! She makes me feel special, a way no other girl could...but I messed it all up.." I say walking into my room. I shut the door and lay down on my bed and stare at my ceiling. I eventually fall into a deep sleep. My mind still ran in circles for Y/N, even when I was asleep..