V.

the boys wanted to have a bit of a "guys' night out" the evening before their seattle show.

"have fun, but come back to me as soon as you can, okay?" I said, giving jimmy a hug and a kiss as he was heading out the door; I felt like a housewife seeing her husband leave for work.
"of course, angel. if the food is good I'll bring you something back, okay?" he said, bringing my hand up to his lips and gently kissing it. "by the way, some of the other girls are having their own little party in the room at the end of hall, why don't you go join them? I don't want you to be all alone."

"I might. I'll see you soon, okay? I love you," I said, kissing him one last time.
"I love you too."

-

I dressed myself in one of jimmy's shirts and a pair of blue jeans and I nervously wandered down the hall; I'd seen the girls that the other guys in the band were dating around the venues and on the plane, but I'd never spoken to them.

I knocked on the door, and a blond donning a feather boa answered.
"um, hi. I'm daphne, I'm jimmy's-"
"oh my god, come in!" she squealed excitedly, yanking me into the room. next thing I knew, I'd been thrown onto a sofa, and I was surrounded by three girls dressed in velvet and lace and feathers; I felt severely underdressed in my levi's and jimmy's floral button-down.

"we've been dying to meet you!" the blond said. "you're always so quiet, and you and jimmy are always together. it's so cute!"
"is it true that you're a witch? did you cast a love spell to make jimmy fall in love with you?" the brunette asked.
"do you think you could do a love spell on robert? he never pays attention to me anymore," the redhead sighed. "but it's okay, I still adore him."

I was feeling a little overwhelmed.
there's been a lot of talk about me, I thought. I wasn't sure how to feel about it.
"come on, we don't bite!" one of them said.
"well um, I'm not a witch, I'm a fortune teller. and yeah, jimmy and I are very happy. he's very nice and he treats me well," I said, a little awkward. I didn't want to say too much.

"what other musicians have you been with?" the redhead asked.
"oh, just jimmy."
there was a collective gasp. "you're kidding! did he take your virginity?"
I felt my cheeks getting hot and I kind of wanted to cry, and I think the girls noticed my discomfort.
"oh no, hey, we're sorry. we're just so excited to talk to you."
"please don't be upset, we just want to be your friend."

they really want to be my friends?
I shook off my embarrassment and loosened up a little. I talked to them about casual things; clothes, fortune telling, and I learned their names. the redhead's name was stella and she was seeing robert, the brunette's name was layla and she was seeing jonesy, and the blond's name was darcy and she was seeing bonzo.

they shared their magazines with me and we watched "I love lucy" reruns on the hotel tv, and I read their palms and gave them tarot card readings.
"how long have you been with jimmy?" layla asked.
"since chicago. I met him there," I said, reflecting on that night.
"so you've been with him the whole tour?"
I smiled and nodded.
"what's he like? he's so mysterious," darcy asked, grabbing a handful of popcorn out of a bowl that we were passing around.

"he's thoughtful, and kind. he's very sweet," I said, nervously fidgeting with the buttons on the shirt I wore. I reached into my purse and pulled out the polaroid of jimmy and I, and the girls squealed and gathered around to look at it.
"you two are so cute! he's gonna marry you, I just know it!" stella said, holding the photo to her chest. "it's love."

I could feel my cheeks turning pink again, and they gave the photo back to me.
"please invite us to your wedding if he marries you. please please please," layla said, grabbing onto my arm. all I could do was smile at them and kind of laugh; I was starting to feel a bit overwhelmed again.

there was a knock at the door, and darcy answered it; I was relieved to see jimmy standing there.
"is daphne here?" he asked, poking his head in the room. I smiled at him and got up to go to him, and I waved goodbye to the girls. there was a surge of giggling when the door closed.

"did you have a good time, darling?" he asked, wrapping his arm around me and kissing me on the cheek.
"it was alright," I shrugged. "but I'm glad you're back. I missed you."
"I missed you too. there's a hot pizza waiting for you in our room," he said, smiling at me; he always made sure that I had good food to eat.

I smiled at him and kissed him, and we went into our room.

-

I was lying on the bed reading passages aloud from my aleister crowley book, and jimmy was getting ready to join me.

he walked out of the bathroom in his boxers and turned off the television, and his eyes went to something on the floor; he'd seen the polaroid sticking out of my purse.
"what's this?" he asked.
I smiled. "take a look at it."
he took the photo into his hands and sat down on the bed, and he grinned from ear to ear. "who took this?"
"robert, he had a camera on the plane."
"I'll have to tell him he's an excellent photographer," he said, laughing, and then he met my gaze. "I love you, daphne. you're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

I felt my heart expand in my chest. "do you mean that?"
"I do. I love you more than anything in this entire world. I don't think I could be without you."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and I pressed my lips to his. "I love you."
"I love you."
we laid down together and held onto each other as we drifted asleep, my head on his chest, listening to the sound of his heartbeat.