VI.

I had severe alcohol poisoning in baltimore.

"jimmy, don't look at me, please. this is horrifying," I said, heaving. I sat on the bathroom floor in our hotel room, hugging the toilet; I'd been violently ill for hours.

"do you want me to ring for the hotel doctor, love?" he asked, coming up behind me and holding my hair away from my face, rubbing my back to soothe me. I shook my head. he helped me to my feet and I gripped onto the countertop for support, and I glanced at myself in the mirror; my face was bruised from the pressure and I'd given myself a nosebleed.

"oh, daphne," he said, wiping my face with a towel.
he helped me to the bed and he laid me down gently, and he got on the phone for something, but I was too out of it to hear. I had an agonizing migraine and nausea that wouldn't go away.

I'd been turned over on my back and jimmy was helping me sip water from a glass; he was trying to care for me the best way he knew how.
"what did you drink last night, darling?"
"some of that weird gin that bonzo had on the plane," I muttered, my voice raspy.
"well don't take drinks from him anymore, he drinks the really hard stuff. but if we can get you hydrated, you'll feel better."

he offered me the crackers and cheese that he'd had sent to the room, but I didn't feel ready to eat yet. at some point I dozed off, and I felt a bit better when I woke up. I ate a little bit, and jimmy ran me a hot bath.

"I'm so sorry that you're ill, darling. we'll get you better, I promise. I love you," he said, dabbing my face with ice wrapped in cloth to help my bruises.
"I love you, too," I whimpered, reaching for his hand. he interlocked his fingers with mine, bringing my hand to his lips and kissing it.

he brought me another glass of ice water and I drank it, and when I was finished with my bath, he dried me off and helped me back to bed.
"what sounds good, darling? pick whatever you want and I'll order it for you," jimmy said, handing me the room service menu. I asked for hot soup and ginger ale, and he phoned for it.

he's so caring, I thought. he made sure I ate all of my dinner, and I slowly started to recover. later, we cuddled up in bed and watched the television; his head was on my chest and I was running my fingers through his beautiful black curls. he eventually dozed off, but I had trouble getting to sleep.

"jimmy," I whispered, gently tapping him on the shoulder.
"yes, darling?" he muttered, half-asleep.
"I can't sleep," I said, and he opened his eyes and gazed up at me.
"do you need something, baby? some water?"
"oh, no. I just can't seem to relax. I was wondering if maybe you could help me with that," I said, running my fingers through his hair again, and his eyes widened. "are you sure? you've been so sick-"
"it would really make me feel better," I persisted, gazing deeply into his eyes.

I pulled his face close to mine and pressed my lips to his, and we kissed for the longest time. I guided his hand under my top and I felt him cup it over my breast, and he deepened the kiss. eventually my shirt came completely off and so did jimmy's, and we continued to kiss each other, skin-on-skin.

"please make love to me," I whimpered, pressing my forehead to his.
"you really want to?"
"I really think it would make me feel better," I said, kissing him and nibbling on his lower lip. I felt him reach for my underwear and next thing I knew, I was completely naked beneath him.

his hands roamed all over my body, one of them coming to rest between my legs. he rubbed me in gentle circles, eventually slipping two fingers inside me; he'd never touched me like this before. my legs had started to tremble a bit and my stomach was doing somersaults.

"jimmy, please," I whimpered, in need of the real thing.
"just a minute, angel," he said, undoing his pants and tossing them onto floor. I got a brief glimpse of him in the dim light; he was hard and extremely well-endowed. no wonder it always felt so amazing. he positioned himself between my legs and slowly entered me, and my hands instinctively went to his hair.

he moved slowly, really drawing it out. he knew that he could be a complete animal if he wanted to, but he'd always been afraid of hurting me on accident, because I was young and still relatively new at this. I felt his hands slip beneath my back, supporting me, which I loved, and I gently wrapped my legs around his waist.

"jimmy," I whimpered. "look at me."
he paused, completely buried in me; sweat was rolling down his face and he was trembling. I gently pushed his damp curls away from his face and kissed him, and whispered, "I love you."
"I love you too, baby," he said, breathless, slowly picking up his pace again.

he lifted me slightly with his hands beneath my lower back, bringing me closer to him as he grinded himself into me. I felt the pressure start to build up inside me, and I relaxed and let everything happen. we finished around the same time, both of us letting out low moans as we reached our peak. jimmy collapsed on top of me, exhausted.

"feel better?" he asked, struggling to catch his breath.
"much," I said, smirking at him. I kissed his forehead and rubbed his back, and he melted into me, his head on my chest, and we fell asleep like this, holding onto each other.

-

I accompanied jimmy to the baltimore show the next evening, though I didn't feel well enough to spend the night at the side of the stage as I usually did.

there was a sofa in the backstage area that I made myself comfortable on.
"just rest, and I'll collect you as soon as I come off stage. if someone tries to bother you, get peter and he'll take care of it, alright?" he said, kissing me on the forehead. "I love you, daphne."
"I love you, jimmy," I said, giving his hand a squeeze, and he kissed me one last time before he took the stage.

I laid back on the sofa a bit, clutching my aleister crowley book. I was wrapped up in jimmy's green satin shirt - it was my favorite of his and I'd practically claimed it for myself - and my black velvet coat. I read my book for a little while and listened to the band play.

"you alright, darling?" peter asked, walking past me; jimmy had told him that I'd been ill.
"I'm fine, peter. thank you."
"let me know if you need anything, love."
I smiled appreciatively at him and returned to my book. eventually I got bored with it and decided to rummage through my purse; it was a little red suede shoulder bag with fringe on it that I'd had since my early teens in the late 1960s.

inside it was a multitude of different backstage passes from the different venues we'd been to, my tarot cards, my amethyst and my angel aura quartz that jimmy had bought for me, and the polaroid that robert had taken of us aboard the starship. I reflected on all of the memories of this tour; it would be over in less than a week, and then jimmy would take me back to england with him, a thought that excited and terrified me at the same time.

before I knew it, the show was over, and I felt jimmy wrap his arms around me from behind.
"ready to go?"
I smiled at him and he took my hand in his, and we walked outside to the limousines.