Chapter 4~ Mood Killer

"There's a new club opening tonight." Nick says, his arms wrapping around my waist.

We both just showered after training and I wasn't as tired as usual.

I'm the one who should be tired anyways. Adira sighs in annoyance.

"Are we going?"

He shrugs. "If you want to go with me we can stay for a bit, but if not then I just have to make sure everything's approved and legal."

"I wanna go, we've never been." I squeal excitedly. "I can put one of the many dresses I have to use."

His eyes darken as he looks at me. "I won't be able to concentrate or keep my hands to myself." He groans and I pout.

"I don't want you to anyways." And with that, I slip from his hold and walk into the closet.

Nick walks in after me, also observing my dresses. I pick out a white one that had a deep plunge and was very short. I see Nick's eyes widen.

"That won't let you get very far without me on top of you. Just a warning."

Is that a promise?

Horny wolf.

"We can't do that right now, we don't have much time before they open." I shake my head and he smirks.

"I can be quick."

Yess.

"No, no. We'll end up really late." I change in front of him quickly before he can try anything and his jaw drops at the sight of me.

"We have to be late. There's no other way." He steps right in front of me, his lips on my neck and I giggle.

"Nick, get changed. I'm going to do my hair."

He grunts but leaves me alone for a while. I was almost finished when he sat me up, took my place on my vanity chair and put me on his lap.

"You look gorgeous." He mumbles into my hair and I try to focus on finishing my hair.

"Please do not tickle me." I make sure to lace my voice with warning. My eyes glare at his in the mirror as Nick smirks.

"Hey, don't read my thoughts." He gently slaps my thigh and I laugh.

We've become so comfortable around each other that we don't even put up the wall to our thoughts. I don't even do this with Quinn. It's crazy not having any embarrassment.

"Maybe if they weren't so loud it wouldn't be a problem." I shrug, I stand up now having finished my hair.

I don't know how I'm making it out of here on time but we've done it.

"Alpha! You're on time." Austin gasps as I chuckle and Nick rolls his eyes.

"Baby, you sit in the VIP. If anyone bothers you, tell me. It's empty for you." He explains and I just nod, listening to him for now. Nick kisses my cheek, then turns to Austin and who I'm guessing is the owner. He bows his head at me and I wave politely.

The music was actually really good. The interior was modern and sleek. It looked classy but not too much. As soon as I walked up to the VIP, I had drinks brought to me. Nick would definitely be coming back to me drunk.

I was swaying my hips lightly to the music, a drink in my hand too. I was definitely tipsy and it had only been thirty minutes but so many drinks I lost count.

"You should probably cover up. Your boobs are about to spill out of your dress." Val scoffs and I groan loudly, annoyed that she killed my mood.

You should probably leave, your blood is about to spill out of your body.

Adira!

"Why are you here?" I take a seat on the couch and I see her smile wickedly.

"I just heard the place was opening tonight." She shrugs.

"You knew Nick would be here too." She smiles again and I roll my eyes. "Stalker status."

"You can call it what you want." I see her walk away smugly, I pick up my drink that the waiter had set down a couple minutes ago.

But as I bring it up to my nose, I smell something different.

She laced your drink.

Fucking hell.

It was definitely wolfsbane that she put in it, it would've made Adira and I so weak. What is her problem?

"You alright, baby?" Nick says, coming up to me and noticing my leg across the other, bouncing.

"No. She put wolfsbane in my drink." I hiccup and Nick sighs.

"Who did? You're drunk."

"Val." I cross my arms.

"Val isn't here." He raises a brow, looking around. "I don't even smell her."

"Well then tell me how I got that in my drink?"

"Someone else could've easily done it since you're pretty fucking tipsy." He steadies me as I stand up quickly.

"Don't touch me. I'm going for a run. Don't wait up."

"Melissa, you're not doing that right now. You're hallucinating and not in the right state of mind."

"Nicholas," I say and he nods, telling me to continue. "Move the fuck out of my way. You don't believe me and I want to be alone."

"I doubt she'd go this far to kill you when she knows the consequences and would have nowhere else to go Melissa! That's what I'm saying." He hushes his voice as he realizes we're in public.

"That's a pretty strong theory." I scoff, pushing past him.

When we both exit the club, his arm grabs my elbow and pulls me back to face him.

"I would believe you if I could smell her around here which I do not. Do you?" I shake my head silently.

"But she could've masked her scent." I clench my fists in frustration.

"I don't think she could without the help of a witch. Am I right?" He leans down towards me and I glare into his eyes. He stares right back into mine, not backing down.

"Fuck. You."

I walk away, then gradually increase speed and cut corners since I knew he was fast. He was an Alpha and my mate, he could find me in no time. As soon as I reach the forest, I shift.

Adira was in control. I knew Xander wasn't far behind me but I didn't want them anywhere near me. Neither did she.

"Adira, let's talk."

"Let's not, Alpha."

Adira, just ignore him.

"Stop it, Luna."

Adira growls at Xander behind her. He quickly starts running beside us.

After trying to lose him for an hour, he begs me to shift back.

As you wish.

"I'm so tired." Nick yawns, shirtless and clueless.

I walk into our house since we were right in front of it now. I had carried my dress in my mouth the whole time so I wouldn't have to be angry and naked.

"I'm still upset, I'll sleep in a guest room because I don't think we should talk about this until I'm feeling better." I grab my blanket and a pillow from our room as Nick watches.

"Why are you upset? You were drunk and probably just thought it was her. I would smell her." He grabs the things from my hands gently.

"It just hurts because I'm you're mate. I would not lie to you, as you can tell I wasn't plastered and stupid. I knew what was happening and I know who was around me. If it was you, I would believe you." I grab my things back from him.

"You're not about to sleep in a different room. I'll look into this tomorrow morning, I'll sleep in the guest room for now, okay?" He kisses my forehead gently and leaves the room.