8

, *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Third Person POV:

The barrel was knocked out of the way as wolves sprinted out. The fox was sweeping his tail on the ground near the tree.

The children and the beavers were sitting on the branches of the tree looking down at the scene.

Y/n and Peter had to sit extra close because if the branch risk of breaking at the weight.

"Greetings gents! Lost something have we?" they heard the fox say loudly.

The wolves were circling around him.

"Don't patronize me! I know where you're allegiance lies, we're looking for some humans" The leader snarled.

The fox laughed. "Humans? Here in Narnia? That's a valuable bit of information don't you think?"

One of the wolves bit the fox, it's jaws cutting into the flesh as the fox let out a painful yelp.

Y/n and Lucy gasped making Susan cover Lucy's mouth and Peter slammed his hand over Y/n's mouth.

"Your reward is your life. It's not much, but still" The leader said. "Where are the fugitives?"

They all watched in suspense, was he gonna tell them? The fox looked down in shame.

"North. They ran north" He said.

"Smell them out" The leader instructed his pack.

The wolves ran past the tree, heading north.

Y/n immediately began to climb down the tree. She dropped on the ground beside the fox. "Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm fine," The fox said through gritted teeth.

The made-up a fire and Y/n and Mrs.Beaver began to treat the fox's wounds.

"They were helping Tumnus. The Witch got here before I did. Ow!" The fox said "I'm sorry" Y/n apologized and stroked his fur carefully.

"No worried" He smiled.

"Are you alright?" Lucy asked.

"Well, I wish I could say their bark was worse than their bite. Ow!" He said.

"Stop squirming! You're worse than Beaver on bath day" Mrs. Beaver complained

Peter zoned out of the conversation, as he looked at Y/n while she was caring for the animal. "She is so pretty" Peter thought. "Wait what? No peter snap out of it" Peter thought.  They locked gaze and she turned slightly blushing which made peter smile.

He began to wonder if she still hated him, he would have hated him for how he acted towards her. He just didn't know what to do anymore.

"Thank you for your kindness, but that's all the cure I have time for" The fox said.

"You're leaving?" Lucy asked.

"What? But you're not nearly done! You need more to stop the bleeding! And I need to make sure you don't get any infections!" Y/n exclaimed and the fox chuckled.

"It's been a pleasure my queen and honor, but time is short and Aslan himself has asked me to gather more troops" The fox explained, "You've seen Aslan?" Beaver asked.

"What's he like?" Mrs. Beaver asked.

"Like everything we've ever heard. You'll be glad to have him by your side in the battle against the Witch" The fox said.