{3} Paint your identity

"Welcome Back, Markus."

Markus walked inside the building, the package tucked under his arm, the doors closing behind him. He looked around the familiar building, his lips hinting a smile. For most androids, they lived in a home where not all the humans were has nice as Markus's human. He was an elder man in his late 70s that went by the name Carl.

Carl Manfred: celebrated painter, a paraplegic, and is dianoised with an unknown disease. He's also known has a friend to most of those he meets. He's known has a father, maybe even grandfather. And he wasn't like most humans you'd see. He didn't treat Markus like a toy or slave. Yes, Carl gives orders and Markus needs to obey, but he doesn't ask for much.  Doesn't demand for much.

Markus wouldn't ask for any other human to take him.

Before he goes to wake Carl up, Markus went into the man's art gallery. Lots of meaningful and intriguing art projects Carl has made in the past years, that Markus  didn't quite understand but still loved to look at them, hung all over the gallery, making the room more colorful. Markus had placed the package of paints that Carl asked him to receive on a wooden table.

He then walked out, going upstairs to wake up Carl. The Android walked into the room, making sure to avoid any creaky floorboards and anything that would produce noice, not wanting to startle the man. He made his way  to the only window in the room,  pulling the curtain to allow sunlight in. Slowly, Carl woke up from feeling the sunlight and warmth hit his back.

At first, the sunlight forced him to squint his eyes shut before opening them back agin to adjust to the new light. "Good morning, Carl" Markus gave a small smile to the human, making his way,around the bed. The man tried his best to get in a sitting position, still a bit tired, but failing at first.

"Good morning" Carl managed to get out.

"It's 10am, the weather is partly cloudy, 54 degrees, 80 percent humidity, with a high possibility of afternoon showers" he informed Carl. Carl once again tried to get in a sitting position before just giving up.

"Sounds like a good day to spend in bed" Carl responded, not even trying to get out bed now. Markus grabbed prescribed medicine and a syringe ok bedside table, getting the thick medicine in said syringe.

"I got the paint you ordered" Markus said, reminding Carl about the package. Carl didn't even seem to remember. Not until Marcus mentioned it.

"Oh, yes, I forgot" The man admitted. "That's the difference between me and you Markus. You never forget." Marcus put the bottle filled with medicine down before looking back at Carl.

"Give me your hand, Carl" Markus demanded.

"I don't have too" Carl replied, mostly teasing.

Markus tilted his head at his owner, and he almost seemed to be giving Carl the puppy eyes. "Carl" Marcus said. Reluctantly, he gave the android his arm, only to have Markus inject the medicine in his arm. "Thank you."

"I just opened my eyes and I'm already gritting my teeth" Carl spoke, looking at Markus. The Android gave the human a small smile, putting the syringe down. Carl smiled back, until something caught his eye. Markus's cloths looked dirty and as if the android took a hard fall to the ground. "Hey" he softly grabbed Markus by the shoulder, making the android look at him. "What happened to you clothes?"

"Oh, nothing Carl" Markus responded. "Just Some demonstrators in the street."

"What a bunch of idiots" Manfred gritted his teeth, not liking the thought of Markus getting damaged. Not cause he needed an android to be his slave, but because he saw Markus has part of his family, and if it was anyone in his family, he'd be pissed. "They think they can stop progressing by roughing up a few androids?" Carl moved his hand to Marcus's arm. "I hope they did harm you."