{4}Don't Have to Obey

Quick recap warning, ig: this story contains themes not suitable to anyone under the age of 13. This story contains violence, gore(sometimes descriptive, sometimes not), SPOLIERS for the actual game, abuse of all sorts, possible sexual themes(unlikely though.)
If any of this triggers you or you're sensitive to this type of stuff, this may not be the right fanfic/book for you.
With this warning, you're reading at your own risk.
Enjoy!♡

-

Kara stood in a corner, watching the humans eat, waiting for further instructions. Kara stood with her head held high, smiling. That was about all she could do until they got done eating. The tv was turned off, no noises from outside or inside, just peace and quiet. Some thing unusual to get in this part of the city. Usually you could hear police sirens going off and on, you d hear barking from the neighbor's dog, youd still hear kids playing despite it being late out, it was unusually quiet.

Todd glared at his daughter, scooped up some spaghetti in his fork. Sometimes, Alice would take a glance at her druggie of a father, which no doubt made Todd mad, which wasn't Alice's goal. The glares her dad gave her were uncomfortable, and at times it was heard not to glance at the man. "I lost my job because of androids" Todd changed his glaring to Kara, the only android in the house. "Then when I need somebody to take care of this goddamn house. What do I do?" It was quite obvious he wasn't talking to anyone but himself. "I go and buy a fucking android." He took a twenty second pause, sighing heavily, resting his eyes.

"Course, androids are so fucking wonderful" Todd added, his tone getting more aggressive each sentence. "They never tired! Never fail! Never sad! They're so fucking perfect, they ruined my fuckin life!" The glaring at his daughter continued has he stopped his talk. Though, unfortunately, Alice looked up from her plate for a quick second, then back down. But it didn't matter how long she looked or stared. "What are you looking at?" Todd asked, his tone sounding threatening. "What's your fuckin problem?"

Alice placed her hands under the table, ready to run off upstairs if needed. She knew how her dad was, and she knew she may have to run away if needed. "Not the life you dreamed of, ay?" Todd went on. "Maybe you think this is easy. Maybe you think it's my fault we life in this fuckin shithole!" Kara watched the situation has it started to escalate. Her face showing some sort of emotion. "That it was my fault your fuckin mother took off" Todd added, starting to lose his mind.

"You should stop taking pills, Todd" he said in a somewhat feminine voice. "Sometimes you really scare me, Todd." While her dad went slowly insane, Alice tried to slowly get up from her seat, her mind telling her if she doesn't get out of that kitchen, something bad was gonna happen. "Fucking bitch took off without a word" he said, looking down at his food, his hands grabbing to both edges of the table. "Fucking wh*re went out in me with fuckin accountant!" With no hesitance or second thoughts, he threw the table into the wall, no doubt broke at least something. Alice got up quicker from her chair, fear consuming her little body. "It's all your fault" he said, walking towards his daughter, fists clenched.

"Daddy, no" Alice begged, backing up into a corner.

"It's all you're fuckin fault!" Todd rose his hand, and before Alice had a time to defend herself, he slapped her on the cheek sending her down to the ground. Luckily, there was a bean bag chair behind her, helping her from not getting anymore hurt. The girl held her hand gently over the cheek he hit, in pain. She looked at her father, who just glared. He didn't look sorry nor remorseful. No. He looked cold and dead. Alice found her chance.to get up from the beanbag chair and went upstairs to her room, Kara watching all of this happen.