CHAPTER ELEVEN

A soft snore escaped Vandisha's lips and the sound startled her. Even the lightest of movements made her heart skip. She stood up and rubbed her hands over her eyes. "How long have I slept?" She asked looking at Patick.

"Five minutes, give or take."He said. He had dark circles under his eyes too and it was obvious he hadn't slept much. Five minutes? There she was feeling like she had been having luxury rest since the previous day. She pinned her head between her index finger and thumb and rubbed at the ache on her senses. They hadn't slept a wink since they returned from the pool last night.

They had searched and searched and sat out waiting, but couldn't find Pavish. In frustration, few minutes past eleven pm they had dragged themselves up to Vandisha's room and resumed watch there.

"She should be back this morning." Patick said. It was almost as if he seemed Vandisha's thoughts. "When she does, I'll give her a piece of my mind. Heaven help me if I don't slap her!" He said through clenched teeth.

Vandisha looked at him and the way he raged. A soft smile appeared at the corners of her mouth. He was beginning to seem a little funny to her, maybe that was why Pavish liked him, because he was funny. Oh Pavish! Where the hell was she? She wasn't the kind to leave her house like this- except something had happened.

"What if she doesn't come back?" Vandisha asked

"I don't want to think about that." Patick said rubbing the nape of his neck, he was sitting on the chair and he looked really worn out.

"Daadi and Aunt Tanu will be here anytime soon." Vandisha said fear creeping into her voice.

"Oh dear God, surely she's with that bastard!"

"Now, he's a bastard?" Vandisha asked incredulously

"Exactly. Only a bastard takes a young lady out till this time."

"He surely didn't drag her along, she followed him, so they're both bastards." Vandisha said bluntly and after a moment the reality of it hit and her and she gave a soft laugh. Patick looked at Vandisha, sitting on the bed, as tense as hell, yet she was able to laugh. He had surely underestimated her. She was one heck of a fellow.

"Do you know his room or nothing?" Patick asked and clenched his teeth in anger thinking of what Pavish would probably have been doing so foolishly over the night.

"No! I know anything about him, except that his name is Kyle, he's handsome and he's from America!"

"Handsome my foot." Patick scowled and Vandisha gave him an unseemly look.

"Your sister flaunted her body at him in a public bathroom, he's that cute." She said flatly.

"My ass!"

"Patick, Pavish is missing. The rest of the family would soon charge in asking of her. What do we tell them?"

"That she's in my room and doesn't want to be disturbed or the truth perhaps. That's she's run off with a scum!" He spat. Vandisha frowned at Patick and shook her head. "Did she leave you a letter, or any clue or something?"

"She just walked out of the room in the presence of everyone, it almost seemed like she didn't plan anything like this. How far has she gone? Is she that crazily in love with him?"

"Crazy, yes. Love, maybe too." Patick said shrugging.

"Maybe were just blowing things out of proportion. Don't you think? We don't know if she's lost and she isn't. She'll be back soon. Get some rest. I need one too." Vandisha said yawning. Her heart was still thumping hard inside her chest from fear and concern for her cousin.

"If anyone asks, we'll play them till she returns. Get some rest." Vandisha said and lay down. She covered herself up well and turned her back to him - automatically dismissing him.

"Yes, sleep well." Patick said and stood up from his chair. He walked to door, looked back at Vandisha and saw the soft trembling of her shoulders. He felt his heart lurch a little and it hurt. Shaking his head, he closed the door and hoped to God that Pavish returned that day.