A Deal well made

"Did I hear it right?" I frown, "You want me to go up there and babysit a bunch of stupid humans?"

"If that is how you understand." she carelessly flips the pages of the ancient book she is reading. But I don't pay much heed to her arrogance.

"No." I outright refuse.

"Lilith." she chastises.

"Luce." I rebuke. I know I hit a nerve when she stands to glare at me. And I hold it for her whilst she walks around her desk to stand a few steps before me. She crosses her arms in a way to intimidate me but I don't stand back. This staredown match only goes on for hour-long minutes before she finally gives in. "What do I do with you?" she sighs while rubbing her temple. And before I can give her a cheeky response, there are knocks on the door.

Well, it's two thumps on the door actually. And there's only one demon I know who knocks like that.

"You may," she says. I glance to the door hopeful but Luce has a way to ruin my moments.

"It's not him, Lilith," she says. And right she is!

In comes our dearest old Alastor. I glare at him for his untimely entrance but only to be ignored. "Your Highness" He bows to her. "My Lady." he curtly nods at me.

Just a nod?

This arrogant demon!

"You are so lucky I like you, Alastor" I don't hide the disappointment or the annoyance in my voice which he blatantly acknowledges with "Thank you, my lady."

Yeah, thank you, you wrinkly arse. I huff at his ignorance whilst his oblivious self focuses on her.

Someone needs to learn to read the stupid room!

"Your highness, the arrangements for Lady Lilith's stay have been made. Please choose the servants to accompany her" he motions towards the open space in silent command. And the next second, around eight figures materialize, all on their knees, heads bowed as a sign of respect to our real Master, Lucifer. I observe them.

So courteous. I should take notes on proper etiquette. My traitorous mind believes.

I throw that belief into the bin and take all the liberty in hell to evaluate these waiting attendants, searching for the exceptional candidates for service.

For very very important service this lonely lady has a need fo-

"What do you say, Lilith?" Luce pulls me out of my thoughts. I spare her a glance before sweeping my gaze over the waiting figures. "I think those three." I point to the finest specimens, "are finer than half the 'ccubus population but I'll pass. No, thank you." I conclude with sass.

"Lilith" she chides again but I ignore her.

I have my priorities straight!

"No, Luce. Just no. I'm not going no matter what" I refuse to do her bidding. I really have no heart to play babysitter for overgrown humans and their delicate dumb offsprings. I prefer to stay down here and enjoy orgies while I wait for my own beloved demon to come home. But no, Lady Luce is heaven-bent on not to let it happen.

"Even if you don't have a choice?" a threat quite obvious in her words. But smelly Satans! I'm not giving in to her this time. I'm not budging. I turn away from her which is kiddish but I don't care. I give her moments' worth of time to react. But she doesn't respond which I understand as 'I am doomed and better escape while I still have my wits'. But I don't get an opportunity. "Even if it means one less hunt for him?" she takes out her trump card.