.:amajiki tamaki x male reader:.

again i haven't watched much of season 4 or read any of the manga yet so sorry if any info is off.

title: cake shop

trigger warnings: mentions of anxiety (that's kinda obvious doe. it's tamaki)

---
READER'S POV

My name is L/n Y/n and I am part of what's known as 'UA High's big four'. Within the school, at least. News reports and such mostly refer to our little group as the big three instead, and the only people who know I'm in the group are mostly UA students and staff. I'm quirkless, but I design and alter costumes and support items for my three best (and only) friends, Togata Mirio, Amajiki Tamaki, and Hado Nejire.

I don't really care that people don't know much about me. It's not that I'm very shy like Tamaki is, I'm actually quite the opposite. I just don't talk much so most people assume that I am. Honestly I don't talk to most people because they're annoying.

"Hey, L/n!" I looked up at the sound of Mirio's voice, "I dunno if you heard us 'cause you were pretty into that book you're reading, but us three are gonna go down to that new cake shop after school today. We were saying can come with us if you aren't too busy!"

I closed my book and nodded at him, "Yeah, sure. Sounds like fun." I gave him a very faint smile and he replied with a nod and a thumbs up before going back to talking to Nejire about something or other. I noticed that lunch was almost over so I slipped my book back into my backpack and left. I have a habit of leaving lunch before the bell to avoid the crowded halls during passing time.

I was at my locker getting my books ready for next period when I felt a tap on my shoulder. "L-Ln..." it was Tamaki. I've thought he was really cute for a while now but he always gets super flustered whenever I attempt to flirt with him, especially if we're alone, so I just gave up on it. Plus, he's probably straight anyway. I bet my flirting just grosses him out.

"Oh, hi Tamaki." I turned to look at the boy, who was staring at the ground and twitching nervously.

"Y-Y-You left y-your phone at l-lunch. Mirio said I-I should bring it to you. T-To help get m-me be less a-a-anxious all the time." he explained, handing me the phone I'd left at the table. I took it from him, frowning slightly at his words.

"Thank you." I put my phone in my back pocket before continuing, "You don't have to try to change yourself if that isnt what you want. It's okay to have anxiety. Ya control stuff like that."

His face went red and he seemed a little taken aback by what I said, "O-Oh, I- Um- Thank y-you L/n"

"No problem." Tamaki then abruptly turned away and made his way back to the lunchroom as quick as he could go. I sighed a little to myself.

He's so cute.

.: timeskip to after school when you're all walking to the shop :.

"-yeah! And then he asked me out with this cute letter he wrote, I've liked this guy for so long I just- Ah! I'm so excited!" Nejire was talking about her crush again. I think they got on the topic of boys after Mirio mentioned his boyfriend, Midoriya. I was paying attention to their conversation but I didn't say much. Like I said, I don't talk a whole lot.

"C'mon Nejire, Tamaki and L/n are probably getting all grossed out by our boy talk." Mirio joked, nudging me, "You got a girlfriend yet, L/n?"

"No, I'm gay." I said, "No boyfriend either."

"Oh, what!? I thought you were straight this whole time! How come you never told us before dude?" Nejire asked, a bit surprised. Tamaki seemed to be a little surprised too, and he looked away from me. There I go, making the straight boys uncomfortable again. Good job Y/n.