.:izuku midoriya x gender neuteral reader:.

izuku is insecure about having lots of scars, so his s/o comforts him :-) i know this is a male reader book but after i was done i realized i never mentioned the readers gender or pronouns even once sooo its gender neuteral haha

also side note the song i mentioned doesnt have anything to do with the plot like at all its just a song i like

title: scars

trigger warnings: none i think
---
YOUR POV

It was a calm saturday afternoon at UA. My class, class 1-A, didn't have any training scheduled for today so us students all got the day off. I'd just left my friend's dorm room after studying for a test coming up and decided to go surprise my boyfriend since his room is on the way back to mine.

I heard soft music coming from behind his door and smiled because I recognized the song that was playing. It was a song I showed him on one of our dates a few months ago, Good Times by All Time Low. I remember how he was so happy that I was sharing songs I liked with him that I went home and made him his own personalized playlist and played it for him the next time we saw eachother. He cried when I told him I made it just for him. Little dork.

Anyway back to the present. I lifted my hand to knock on his door before hearing quiet sniffles and mumbling from behind the door. My smile turned to a frown as I knocked, "Hey, Izu? It's me. Can I come in?"

I heard fumbling around as the music turned up slightly and the mumbles and sniffles came to an stop. "Baby?" I said, louder this time.

The door opened and I saw Izuku standing there with slightly puffy eyes wearing my hoodie and a pair of boxers, "Y-Y/nI didn't know you were coming over, I thought you were studying with Koda today?"

"Yeah, we just finished and I heard music from your dorm so I thought I'd come say hi to my handsome boyfriend!" He smiled a bit at that, "What's wrong though? You've been crying."

"I wasn't crying! I'm alright, I swear!" He argued.

"I know you better than that." I replied, "Your face is red and I heard you sniffling from behind the door. D'ya wanna talk about it?"

"...yeah." Izuku opened the door all the way, letting me step inside. I sat at the foot of his bed and tossed my backpack in the corner. The green haired boy shut the door and sat next to me, playing with the sleeves on the hoodie he was wearing.

"So, whats up? Did something happen?" I asked. If it was Bakugou again, I'd kill him.

"No! Nothing happened. I mean, well, I guess something kind of happened but it wasn't like something huge or-"

"Baby, you can tell me." I grabbed one of the hands that was still fiddling with the hoodie, "I don't bite."

"It's..." he sighed and looked up at me, "Do you think- Do you think my scars are gross? All the ones I have from overusing my quirk?" There were tears pricking at the corner of his eyes again, threatening to spill any second.

"I don't think anything about you is gross, Izuku. Especially not your scars. Did someone tell you they were gross?" I still had my hand intertwined with his, and I gave it a squeeze, "I'll beat their ass."

"Please don't fight anybody!" He tensed up, "Nobody said anything to me, but... it feels like they think it, you know? I think it. Nobody else has as many scars as I do just from messing up their own power. I feel like an idiot compared to people like Bakugou or Uraraka who can just use their power almost effortlessly. It doesn't seem like those people have anything left to learn about their quirks and I'm so far behind. My scars are one big representation of- of how fucking stupid I am!"

He broke down near the end of his sentence and started crying again. I pulled him into a big hug and shushed him, "Don't say that about yourself Izu. You having scars from your quirk doesn't mean you're stupid, it means you're learning. Bakugou and Uraraka have had their whole lives to perfect using their powers, you've only had yours a fraction of that time. Of course you aren't going to be at the same level of control they have yet! But you're still working so hard on it and I'm very proud of you that you've come so far in such a short amount of time."

"I guess I haven't thought about it like that." he whispered, "Thank you. I don't know what I'd do without you here to help me."

"Hey, that's what I'm here for! Well, that and binge watching cartoons together when you can't sleep." Izuku laughed at that, "Hell yeah, there's that smile I like so much"

"I love you, Y/n." He smiled up at me and wiped his cheek.

"I love you too, cutie. Now!," I stood up and turned to face him, holding my hand out like some kind of royal servant, "Would you like to accompany me in raiding the kitchen and stealing all of Sero's snacks as payback for him praking us last week, good sir?"

Izuku laughed again and stood up next to me, placing his hand in my own, "I thought you would never ask, N/n!" he started pulling me over to the door with our hands laced together.

"Izu, wait!"

"Huh? What is it?"

"You should probably put pants on first."

"AAAH OH MY GOD Y/N I FORGOT I'M SO SORRY YOU HAD TO SEE THAT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE GONNA BE HERE TODAY SO I WAS JUST WEARING WHAT I SLEPT IN AND I-"

---

woooooo another chapter yay
i didnt put any warnings at the top but let me know if something in this is triggering to anybody and i'll add it! im not really sure about it
remember 2 request if u want a specific story/character using my dms or the req page :3 have a nice day yalls