Distant Lover

"Ooh, so many miles away
Heaven knows that I long for you
Every night, every night
And sometimes I yearn through the day"

Beyoncé:

"Mommy, you look beautiful!" Her small body ran up to the polished, wooden vanity that homed most of my beauty products.

Applying the last coat of the matte nude paint onto my lips, I turned with a small smile on my face. Those beautifully colored eyes brought me back to a person that I'd lost a while ago. And never did they fail to bring me back. Her face lit up as she explored mine with her curious stare, I wiped the cookie crumb from the corner of her lip and traced her baby hairs.

"Thank you, beautiful. Want to kiss mommy goodnight?" I asked sweetly, grabbing her into my arms to walk to the east side of the home I was gifted a few ways back. Her lips puckered, her perfect eyelashes batted closed, I smirked and met my daughter halfway.

"You lipstick no come off!" Ry exclaimed, touching her lips to see if she'd gotten some of my nude paint on. I bit back a chuckle and continued to act clueless until we reached my mama and daddy's room.

"Maybe mommy needs another kiss," I puckered. She closed her eyes tighter and puckered her lips for a quick smooch. Opening those bright eyes, I stared into the familiar orbs, tearing up at the limbal rings that sat perfectly around the irises of her eyes.

"Still no!" She pouted, I smothered her with kisses all over her face. Her small body rumbled with hearty laughs, my mama opened the door to her mini mansion like room and grabbed her grand baby from me.

"Go turn the television to a channel you enjoy, baby." Mama smiled, setting the busy body on her own feet before looking back toward me.

"You're beautiful, Giselle." She reached out to  catch a lone tear before it crossed the threshold of my cheek.

"Thank you, mama....." I mumbled, running my nervous hands over my blue colored covered figure. Her hand pulled away, right after she fixed a strand of hair back to its normal setting.

I smiled at her not being able to resist her motherly touch, she had to alter something before I stepped out, it was Tina. But, I loved it. It made me.

"She'll love it, I know she will," Mama excitedly clapped her hands together. She loved my date nights, it was almost as if she happened to be living through me. It made me look over her shoulder at my sleeping father who Ry had snuggled up to.

These two kept me sane, I don't think I'd be able to raise my daughter without having help from my parents who I permanently moved in after the accident.

"I hope so," I doubted myself, becoming self conscious all over again. Mama reached out, swatting my hands away with tears in her eyes. She laughed to keep me from crying but I know she couldn't help but to feel everything I pushed her way.

"Get your butt outta here, go enjoy yourself!"