He rang

The servants' lunch had ended. The maids were again scuttering around beginning early dinner preparations. Thomas sat still in his chair, he stared off into the middle distance. Then a bell on the board rang. He turned his head to see which it was to the Duke's room. It rang again as Mrs. Hughes came in. Thomas just stared at it.

"I believe that must be for you Mr. Barrow"

He stood, "Right yes, thank you Mrs. Hughes."

He hurried upstairs, passing Mr. Carson.

"Where are you headed in such a rush?"

"I have been called to see to his grace sir."

"Ah, so your insecurities have been dissuaded."

Thomas nodded with a slight smile, "Indeed"

He continued on walking towards the room, feeling his stomach twisting all the while. He knocked on the door again, as he had the evening before.

"Come in" Thomas heard from inside. He entered, seeing the man again staring off out the window.

"Took you long enough, would you begin preparing me for dinner. My tails are in the cupboard. Thomas began the ritual again.

"I'm quite glad they sent you Mr. Barrow."

"that's nice to hear your grace."

"There is something that is quite puzzling to me though." He began to walk towards Thomas. "You see, I believed I saw something in you, though the way you have been responding leads me to believe I may have been incorrect."

Thomas paused, looking up from his work, only to see that the Duke was much closer to him than he had realized.

"If I am taking your meaning, then I believe you were in fact correct, your grace"

"That is good to know" He analyzed Thomas, the reach out and felt the material of Thomas's vest. "I have always liked a butler who wears his uniform well"

Thomas felt heat rising to his face.

"Now Mr. Barrow, I think it would be quite unwise of me to do what I am wishing at this moment considering we are both expected at dinner quite soon. So what you will do now is dress, and I will revel wanting, then tonight you will find your way back to this hallway, once everyone is asleep."

He looked up at Thomas with a cheeky look, "Go on then."

It was unusual for him to unbutton his masters shirt for him, but then again this was quite an unusual circumstance. The duke was playing with him, and Thomas enjoyed it. He enjoyed pulling each button apart to reveal more and more of the Duke. He was slightly shorter than Thomas noticeably, but not enough for his power to still feel clear, for, in spite of how human he may have been to Thomas, for now he was still his grace. They finished the preparation, and the duke began to walk out, but he turned again to face Thomas, trapping him between himself and the bedpost.

"I need one thing Mr. Barrow."

The Duke's face was so close to Thomas's, he started taking in his face and breathed nervously, "What would that be your grace?"

The Duke smirked, his typical little smirk, then reached up to Thomas's face and pulled his quivering chin towards his own. He pushed his body against Thomas, so he could feel him, all of him, very briefly. Then pulled away, leaving Thomas utterly shocked leaning against the bedpost. He chuckled and walked off towards the door. Before exiting the room though he turned.

"You have something in your pants Mr. Barrow." he opened the door. "I'll see you tonight"