Chapter 18

*Emily's Pov*

*Two weeks later*

Today is the day of the masquerade ball. The ball starts at 4pm yet I started preparing at 11am, it's my parents' fault.

The designer came home to drop off the gown she made (I had gone before to take my measurements) and I love it, I made sure the gown wasn't too long because of the incident that happened last time. I am not going to have a repeat of that.

Now I checked the dress and my silver mask.

^mask above^

The mask looks nice and elegant.

^The dress above^

^The dress above^

It was a somewhat white gown which stops before my knee and flows from my waist, with teal coloured shoes and an umbrella (I don't know why they got it but you know my parents are weird always).

(A/N: You can check the pic if you don't understand the description)

My parents wanted me to really prepare so they woke me up early, I am still angry about that. Anyway, I put some face and body cream products, and bath with some skincare products. By the time I was through with that, it was already 12:30pm.

Guess my parents were somehow right about waking me up early, even though I won't admit it to them.

I dressed up in casual wears since I am not going to wear the gown until 3pm so it won't get dirty.

I just wore a white top and blue shorts since I am at home.

I first read the bible since I didn't read it in the morning. I read Psalm 37:5- "Commit thy way unto the Lord, trust also in him, and he shall bring it to pass", I prayed to him and said 'Lord please let me get Mystery guy'.

I went to the kitchen to get lunch. I took white rice, with stew and chicken. Hmm... That hit the spot.

I checked my phone to see if I have any messages. I saw one from Mystery guy.

'Hi Miss IFU, are you going to the ball today? Cause I am going to be there and I can't wait to see you in your lovely gown. PS: Make sure it isn't too long so you can have a better chance'

I could even see the smirk on his face as he wrote this. I didn't even bother to hack into the SIM cause I know I will have the same result.

I checked the time, it is now 1:45 pm. I still have time till the ball.

I decided to just play with my phone, check some documents that Jay asked me to bring home (Yes, I am even doing work from home *sighs*) and use the excercise room.

Finally it was 2:55pm so I decided to bath again before I dress up.

I wore the gown and mask, then went to meet my parents who left who came back few minutes ago after leaving when they woke me up.

We entered the limo and the driver drove to the venue.

We got down (dramatically) and entered after the guard checked our invitation.

I looked around and spotted Lily, Rocha, Shawn and Adam together, I easily spotted them due to their hair colour and eye colour.

"Mom, Dad, I am going to talk with my friends for a little while so I have to leave"

"Oh Emily, you must make sure no wolf catch you, ok?" Dad asked seriously.

"Of course" I answered obediently.

Dad is being dramatic but I have to answer him before he chains me to his side throughout this ball. I mean, I love him and all, but I can't be stuck with him and his business partners throughout.

I went to meet them and we all talked a while.

"By the way Rocha, where is your brother?" I asked curiously since I couldn't see him anywhere and most times they are together.

"I don't know either. He left to socialise after we entered, so we separated." Rocha answered plainly as if she wasn't bothered.

"Hmm... This place is so big and has so many places to go, you might not even see him until the end of the ball"

"Right, but I am not worried about him since he is a big boy" Rocha smiled, she actually smiled. I almost thought I was hallucinating.

"Wow! Rocha, your smile is so beautiful" Lily said excitedly.

"Yeah, you should smile more often" Adam said softly

"It isn't that awesome but it suits you" Shawn said

"Thanks I guess" Rocha said with a small blush I could see at the bottom of her mask.

We talked a little more before I left to get some cake and drink. I took a small slice of vanilla and chocolate cake with an apple juice.

I went to the balcony which was isolated since most people are in the ball room or on the second floor. I rested my hands on the railings and looked up at the sky. It was already 8:30pm so the stars had come out to play.

I was absorbed with looking at the stars when I felt a tap on my shoulder, I didn't even sense anyone, even though it was partly due to the fact that my mind was far away, but still I would have sensed it.

I turned around and came face to face with...

A/N: I love cliffhangers, don't you?