𝙾𝟸 | 𝙰𝙵𝚃𝙴𝚁𝚃𝙰𝚂𝚃𝙴. ☔

[ idol ;; seo changbin (of stray kids). lowercase intended. ©️ -jaehyunni ] 

———

she can only sit there, sinking in the deep abyss of white sheets, on a bed full of memories, as she watches him drape the white cotton shirt over his shoulders.

his back is turned towards her, as if the slightest glance, even the smallest contact of their gazes can break down the transparent wall between them and lure them back into the savage cycle of their relationship. neither of them have defenses strong enough to fight the fatal attraction they have for one another.

the room, swallowed by a deafening silence that made her want to scream, is illuminated by the moon's vulnerable beams, filtering in through her curtains. 

he is done dressing, and she feels her heart sink to her stomach as she realizes it was only a matter of time before he's gone.

gone. gone from her apartment, gone from her life. always, he insists it's the right thing to do; both of them have shattered each other. he believes the only way to heal is to break the bonds that tie the two of them together. bonds of trust and disloyalty, passion and pain, love and regret.

she can't disagree, even if her entire being wants to tell him they can change, that her feelings deserve a chance, that she can save the remains of what they have if they work together to put the shards back together. she knew he believes it too.

but the possibility of one more mistake that will drag them down another path of tears and shouts is scorching his skin.

now, as his fingertips are about to reach the door's handle, her heart aches for him to stop and return into her embrace.

he's wishing to hear her voice one more time and his hand quivers with the need to feel her skin under his fingertips again. it drives him insane. he doesn't want to open the door, he doesn't want to leave her all alone like this. the very first time he'd confessed his love he'd sworn to protect her, even if it drained every drop of power he had in him. and she's terrified, isn't she?

her mind is yelling, "don't go!"

his mind is pleading, "don't let me go."

it all happens so quickly. a sliver of golden light from the hall outside fills the room, and then slowly, agonizingly, it grows thinner and thinner until all that remains is the darkness eating her alive, coated in the faint scent of his cologne and the aftertaste of the memories they shared. 

———

[ hey !! thank you for reading. some of you have read this one already (thank you so much for your support ily ily) when i had it posted as it's own story, but here is a little message to those of you who haven't. :)

aftertaste actually came to me in a dream. of course, i don't remember much about it now, but when i woke up, i made sure to write the dream down. it took me two months to write this piece, and it's honestly one of my favorites. 

i hope you like it as much as i do. thanks for reading !! vote and comment, lovelies !! 💖 ]