Chapter 37 - Avoidance

For the last few days, Mimi had noticed something unusual. Ever since the night she planned to sleep at Tobias's house for a second night, he suddenly began distancing himself from her.

After Tobias came out of the bathroom that night, he had asked her to leave. Stunned, it took Mimi a while to respond before she agreed and left.

The following day, Mimi called Tobias to schedule lunch, but Juno informed her that he was busy. Thinking nothing of it at the time, Mimi disregarded it.

However, another three tries and Tobias still refused to see her. His assistant, Juno, forwarded all of his messages. Mimi wasn't a fool. She knew when someone was avoiding her - she was the master of it.

But why was Tobias avoiding her?

Did she do something that upset him that night?

Ah! Perhaps when he threw up that night, it wasn't because of the vitamins but because of her tea!

The more Mimi thought, the gloomier she felt.

Inside the secret warehouse, Mimi absently stared at the bright laptop screen. When Shen Jue came back with lunch, the girl's cheeks were flushed and her eyes were bright. Her lips were pouting in frustration.

Although it was very cute, it was clear she was troubled about something.

Shen Jue's eyes darkened, but he concealed it very well. When he raised his eyes once again, they were shining with that same old sunny glint in them.

"Take a break and eat some lunch."

Mimi tapped a laptop key aggressively, her brows furrowed. She shifted her head to the containers of food Shen Jue unpacked on the table.

Ordinarily, at the sight of food, she felt nothing but thrilled. Yet at that moment, her mood only seemed to worsen.

Sighing, Mimi stands up and walks to the table full of food. With a smile on his face, Shen Jue swiftly places the girl's favorite foods on her plate. She viewed everything coldly, her eyes never bearing a single trace of emotion.

"What's wrong?" Shen Jue cocked his head to the side, a small frown on his lips.

Mimi glanced at Shen Jue faintly. She reverted her gaze to the food and picked up her chopsticks.

"It's fine." She muttered.

Shen Jue stared at her, his eyes dim. Laughing softly, he rolled up his sleeves to reveal lean, white arms. As his long fingers held his chopsticks delicately, Mimi couldn't help but be drawn to his arms.

Although there wasn't a lot of muscle, his arms still looked strong and lean. From his long and slender fingers, it was clear he took care of himself. They were perfect, baby soft and smooth, like an infant.

His hands were like porcelain! Nobody possessed hands like that anymore, people had calluses and scars, but his hands were clear!

If he wanted, he could be a hand model!

But...his hands and arms were the opposite of Tobias's.

Tobias was a tall man. His skin, a light tan, and fingers that were thick and rough revealing his lack of care. They felt like sandpaper or perhaps stone, rough and unfinished.

They were callused and raw, showing he had a difficult life and worked twice as hard for everything he had.

Despite this, his touch was always warm and gentle.

When he grasped his large hand in hers, he acted as if she'd suddenly break. It was as if he was a large bear stroking a small kitten.

As her thoughts drifted off to Tobias, Shen Jue had noticed the girl's stare from the corner of his vision.