The New Country (1945)

It was a calm and clear night when the flash of gold appeared in the empty ballroom. Soviet looked high and low for his love.

"Maybe he's asleep?" He checked in the bedroom. No Britain.

"Maybe he's working?" He checked in the office. Still no Britain.

"Maybe he's getting a cuppa?" He checked in the kitchen. Everything was impeccable. The record player? He trudged back to the ballroom, sad. He looked at the old thing, before turning it on. He sighed, and slowly... Fell asleep.

The next day, he stepped outside. A small country greeted him. "Oh! A newbie!" Soviet remembered this little guy. Ireland. "Hi."

"Ohh! Soviet!! Here, let's go to the pub? Share a drink? Catch up?"

"Sure!"

Later at the pub, the two were talking and drinking. Soviet caught eye of a small country, wearing a ushanka and the Soviet emblem. "Hey... Who's that?"

"Oh, *hic* Britain? He's Third Reich's husband. Pretty sure their kid is *hic* five years old tomorrow or sometime this *hic* week..!" Replied the now very drunk Ireland.

Soviet was filled with rage. He didn't know why. Britain was allowed to get over him, right? No. No, he shouldn't have forgotten him. He shouldn't have left. Britain was his. And Britain knew it. The small country stood up, and headed to the bathroom. Soviet did the same, leaving the intoxicated country alone.

Britain washed his face, trying to hide the puffiness of his eyes. Suddenly, he was grabbed and pinned to the wall. He gasped as a hand tightened around his throat. "I see you easily forgot me, huh, slut?" Britain widened his eyes, remembering that accent. "S-Sovi?"

"Don't S-Sovi? Me. I know you have a new husband, and I know you have a kid, slut. How... How dare you just forget about me?! You little shit!"

Britain's eyes pricked with tears. "It's not what it sounds like, it was forc-" Soviet looked at him, his eyes narrowed. "Forget it. You are coming home with me tonight." He leaned in close to Britain's ear.

"And I'm going to fucking destroy you~"