Chapter 22

CHAPTER 22

Tracy tried to remain calm as she sat next to Cotton in the back of an SUV with her hands cuffed behind her. They placed Gideon in one vehicle and Jonathan in another. The Prince got into the same vehicle as Jonathan after casting a knowing smirk in her direction. Tracy couldn't break free otherwise Jonathan would die and the men in the vehicles had been given orders to kill the others if she tried. Luckily they didn't notice she was pregnant.

Several hours later, Tracy had to pee so bad but they refused to stop. So she complained nonstop until the vampires simply put up a partition.

Tracy huffed.

"You should just go." Cotton said, "It'll serve them right."

"I'm not doing that."

"Suit yourself but vampires are extremely fastidious about cleanliness, it's the perfect revenge."

They suddenly hit a bump. Tracy groaned in discomfort, "if they keep this up I won't have a choice."

"Well then it's either on you or the floor."

"Alright fine." Tracy shouted, "I'm going on the floor."

Immediately the SUV ground to a halt. The door opened, a vampire in a hoodie and sunglasses pulled Tracy out. The other vehicles in their company passed including an enclosed tractor trailer. Half dragging her over the embankment out of sight of the highway, the vampire pointed to a shrub. Tracy huffed and walked to the bush and did her business grumbling the entire time.

Coming back out she's led back to the vehicle and put into the back. Something felt off to Tracy. Unexpectedly, the head of the vampire in the passenger's seat suddenly exploded. Tracy and Cotton were stunned.

The driver threw a towel over the dead form then turned to them. Tracy could tell he wasn't a vampire.

"Hiya papayas!"

Cotton sighed heavily, "He's going to be annoying. I can tell."

"I resent that." The stranger said, sniffing the air, "You smell delicious. Is that apple pie? Is there any left?"

Cotton rolled her eyes, "Of Course!" she said sarcastically, "Because when you're going on a suicide mission, everyone knows they should stuff pastries in their pockets. It's my apple orchard lotion you're smelling."

"You coulda just said, 'no.'" The man said with a pout, "So no pie?" he asked sadly.

"Boy! I will hurt you. Tell us what the hell is going on?"

"Ugh fine. This is a rescue mission. I'm Night."

"What kind of ridiculous name is that?"

"Cotton, we need to focus." Tracy reprimanded gently, "You're Night, so you're Shade's brother?"

"Yep. Wait 'Cotton?' That's just as ridiculous! Talk about the sheep calling the horse 'black.'"

Cotton glared.

"We have to get my mate and Gideon."

"One thing at a time, Sweet Cheeks. Right now we have a party to attend. Please tell me you remember how to conjure up the Ebony Sword."

"Of course."

"Wait, you have access to weapons and didn't use them?"

"It would've put Jonathan in danger, he has an explosive attached to his neck."

Cotton huffed, "So what's the plan?"

"We follow them to the luau. Hope you brought apples because we are going to stick some pigs."