Chapter 35

CHAPTER 35

Diamondback Coven...

The dinner served was a fancy affair. Roasted meats of all sorts, a variety of dishes and desserts were laid out in splendid display. Though he might have been a miser, the old Lord Mallory liked to display his wealth with a tempting feast. With the old lord gone the cook simply carried on as usual since the Vampire Royal's arrival. Prince Grim sat silently as he studied the man seated in the lord's chair at the head of the table. He wondered if it would be easier to simply kill the younger vampire.

"What kind of arrangement did you have with my father?" Hezekiah asked.

"He wished to be on the frontlines watching the glorious return of our Lady Supreme. And the restoration of his body as only one of the original Fallen with the most pure magic could provide. In exchange he would provide the necessary equipment needed to power my armies. An obligation that I hope his son would undertake as a point of honor."

"What kind of equipment?"

"A portal generator strong enough to power a 5-point star."

"Where the hell would my father have gotten a 5-point star? Not even the Red Tent would carry something that powerful."

"I have the star." The prince said.

Hezekiah kept his face blank. One thing was for sure, if this prince had the power to open the door to the underworld, then they were all in deep shit. He had to know more about what was currently going on in the world and if he would have any allies. His father had managed to alienate himself from a number of people in high placed positions.

The only person Hezekiah could think of at the moment that might be able to help him was his friend, Crimson Sky. But he didn't even know if the old wolf was still alive. To buy sometime he would have to help the madman get things underway while at the same time try to be far away. The best place for now to be was in the eye of the storm.

"Don't care about whatever shit my father wanted however if he was under a contract then I will of course fulfill his final obligations."

"I'm glad you see it that way." The prince said with a subtle underlying malice.

"It will take some time though. I have to re familiarize myself with Coven business and contact the current partners as well as take legal control now that my father is dead."

"Very well." Prince Grim stood and started to leave. "By the way, no one is to know that I am here," he warned.

Hezekiah nodded his head. "Of course."

------------------

"So there was actually a negro human US president?" Hezekiah asked.

"Yeah. His name was Barack Obama." Leah said.

Hezekiah decided to make the teens useful by filling him in on recent human history.

"Interesting that things are coming full circle again."

"Full circle?" Leah asked.

"Yes. At one time, Black people held all the power and knowledge that has shaped the world. Scholars from all over used to make pilgrimages into Africa to learn from the wise men and teachers there. So many claim the knowledge as their own and many campaigns were made to destroy the evidence of their greatness. Oh how twisted things had become. But that's neither here nor there. So explain this DVD thing again."

A knock sounded at the door.

"Come in."

"Sir. The man you wished to speak with is here." a servant said.