Chapter 1 - Headon's floor

3rd person POV:

Clang! The sound of two swords clashing could be heard across the whole training room. Both opponents were clearly very skilled at combat.

"Oh come on. You can do better than that."

"Well I wouldn't want to risk killing you now would I," the young girl responded to the older man who had raised her for the past eight years of her life and who she had come to love as an older brother figure. Their swords met once again in the middle. The man leaned forward into the girl's face.

"You wish." They both continued to dance across the floor gracefully as they sparred. By the 15 minute mark. The man had pinned his trainee to the ground. They were both out of breath from a long day of training which included wave controlling lessons, physical workout, and traning with a variety of weapons such as spears, needles, and a sword.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two were walking back to their rooms to go get a shower since they were both sweaty. Despite this, the young 5'6" girl was the definition of beauty. With her long hair reaching her thighs, coloured black at the roots and fading into a shimmering white, her pale skin, her fit body with curves in the right places, and her piercing, stunning red eyes and thick black lashes, she would even put Aphrodite to shame.

"You know, not many people would be able to hold me in a fight for 15 minutes. After all, I'm one of the most powerful people in the Tower. Well done," the brother figure praised the young girl.

"Does that mean I can climb the tower now?"

"No. You're still not ready. I won't allow it!"

"But you said it yourself! I'm more than capable of handling it! I have my mother's two powerful weapons, my father's sword, their skills, a weapons inventory, your training, and I'm pretty good at controlling shinsu. Besides, I'm a quick learner," the determined girl pleaded. "To add to that, you already know my ancestry."

" I said no. You're my little moon and I am only watching out for you, Cay."

"When are you going to realize I'm not the helpless little girl you saved years ago?! Im freaking 16! I'm going to climb the tower! Like you, and my parents did. I'll show you." The man sighed as Caleena stormed into her room across from his.

Caleena's POV:

I groaned as I fell back in my bed after just having had a shower and getting dressed. Currently I was wearing flexible, slim black pants, a plain white tight crop top, a black jacket with a white moon design on the back given to me by my unofficial brother, and red ankle boots with laces and a 3 inch heel. As much as I love that brother of mine, he's just as infuriating. He needs to realize I'm capable of handling myself. I get that he's overprotective like the brother he is, but he's too much. I'm gonna prove to him that I can climb the Tower just like he did.

Suddenly, I bright light appeared from underneath where I lay, before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a big dim hallway. Or so it seemed. In front of me was a rabbit like creature holding a staff. Behind him was a woman and a short guide.

"Another irregular. Welcome, to the Tower young lady. My name is Headon. I'm the guardian of the first floor of the tower. What's your name young lady?" So I'm an irregular. Oh the irony.

"I'm Caleena."

"No last name?"

"I'd prefer not to say," I said eyeing the woman behind him. With her black hair and red eyes, she reminded me of my father. Oh how I miss my parents.

"Let's just hope she's not as weak as the other one. I want to see something interesting. It seems you already have a pocket considering you can understand me."

"Yes." My brother has given me an A-rank pocket quite some time ago.

"So, Caleena, how did you end up here?" asked Headon.

"I don't know. My... guardian said that I wasn't ready to climb the Tower yet and I guess I wanted to prove him wrong." I replied.

"Well whatever you are looking for is up there. But remember that it's a hard and painful journey to embark on." He turned around and began to walk as everyone followed. "Let's do a test to see if you are qualified to go up the tower. Each floor has a test decided by the administrators that tells whether you can move to the next floor. This means you must pass my test to climb the tower: the Ball."

"The ball?"

"Yes. All you need to do is go inside those bars, outrun the monster and pop that big ball which will do so if hit hard enough."

I point to a large eel inside a cage. "You mean that monster?"

"Correct. He is a White Armoured Eel, a fish that lives in the shinsu flowing through the tower. He usually has a mild temperament but he's very aggressive since he hasn't eaten in a long time. Taking this test is suicide. I would turn back if I were you."

"Well then go ahead," I say as I shove pass Headon.

"Do you have a death wish?" The woman stops me.

"Let me go." I pull my hand out of her grip.

"Watch it! That's the princess you're talking to. Yuri, are you just going to let her be this rude?" So the dwarf speaks.

"You can't just storm in there without a weapon." Ha Yuri Jahad tells me.

"Who says I don't have a weapon?" I smirk. "Arms inventory visible mode." It appears in front of me. I see my ignition needle and sword I got from my mother neatly wrapped and hanging in my inventory, and my father's powerful sword. But I go with my fourth and weaker weapon, my needle strengthened with shinsu given to me by the man who trained me in combat. I grab it and my inventory disappears. I hear Yuri quietly asked the others who I was as walk into the cage, but she receives no answer.

Finally I stop in front of the eel who is now scrutinizing me. It lets out a roar and lunges at me with its mouth open. I look at it calmly as I create two baangs and let them fly into its moth with force, knocking it unconscious. Calmly, I walk over to the ball and strike it with my white needle, causing to burst. I look over to Yuri who appeared shocked.

Yuri's POV

"Goodbye Aunty dearest." Caleena says looking at me as she disappears to the next floor. I was already shocked at her skills, but now I'm confused. Who is she?

"Another monster has entered the tower."

A/N: What do you guys think? Who was the so called "brother"? Comment your answers. If you liked it, please vote, comment and follow. Byeeee❤️