Chapter 5 - The Crown Game

Caleena's POV

We were now sitting in a big yellow and orange room was pretty empty apart from the benches and vending machines and posters of Lero Ro advertising banana flavoured drinks. The room could use more things to take up space. Even the windows were too high up to see much. I had already taken a washroom and water break by the time the last of the teams had taken the previous test.

"This test was hard indeed. A lot of teams didn't make it up here." Bam finally says.

"But there are more here than I thought... it looks like over 20 teams..." Khun replies.

"I didn't expect this many either." I say.

"The break is almost over. I should go to the bathroom."

"Ok." Bam says as I nod. And with that Khun walks away. Rak was still just stopping at his banana drink I had bought him earlier.

"Hey lucky boy, girl, you passed this one too!" I turn to face a man in purple clothing. "I'm Shibisu! I'm a regular like you! Nice to meet you! And yours?"

"I-I'm Bam!"

"I'm Caleena." We shake hands.

"What's the name of the big guy?"

"I'm leader Rak. I'm the true leader of the era."

I scoff. "Sure. And I'm the queen of the tower. Just call him gator." I then say sarcastically.

"Haha! You've got a funny team! By the way, you're awesome! You look ordinary and you made it up here!" Shibisu says to Bam as he sits next to him.

"No... not really. It's thanks to my teammates." Bam replies humbly.

"Hey, I'll be back in a bit." I tell them. I didn't want to bother those two. They seem to share some connection as ordinary people. So, I get myself some iced tea with my money... well... it's not really my money. Most of the money I haves from my parents and the part I actually use is the allowance I get from my brother, Maze as I like to call him.  Everyone else already had a drink earlier, which I bought them at the same time as Rak. On my way back, I run into Khun who was coming back from the washroom and so we walk back over to the team together. I see Shibisu walk away just before we make it over. We sit back down thinking about the test and many other things.

~~~~~~~~~~~

We had been in this room waiting for over an hour now. I was beginning to get bored but Lero Ro finally decided to come and end our torture. I hate being bored. I've always had something to do.

"Did you have enough rest regulars? I'm so happy to see you again." He stops next to our team.

"Oh! Mr Lero Ro!" Bam says.

"Haha! I came here with very good news!"

"Good news?" a nearby regular asks.

"Yes! I spoke with the test director before I came here, and he told us to give you bonus game!"

"Sorry, but... it's not good for us to have any more tests," Shibisu says not wanting to do an extra test.

"I'm sorry to hear that. The bonus game has nothing to do with the tests. It is up to each team to choose whether to play the bonus game. There is no penalty if you don't participate. But the winner of the bonus game... gets to pass the final test of this floor. They get the right to go straight to the next floor."

"The right to go to the next floor?!" Khun exclaims. "Then what about the remaining tests?!"

"They don't have to take them." the ranker replies. People begin to whisper amongst themselves.