Chapter Ten

The next morning was quiet; you and Ben had woken up and grabbed a meal bar then before heading back to the hangar, the journey was slow and you and Ben had only had a few moments of small talk, as if you both were trying to ignore the occurrences of last night.

It was humid outside, and you once again were wearing a pair of sweatpants and t-shirt. You regretted not grabbing your robes as those usually kept you much more cool during hot days.

"I feel like we should talk about last night?" Ben's voice cut through your thoughts.

"Oh," you turn and look at him, "what about last night?" You had woken up this morning wondering if it was all a dream; kissing him, telling him that you loved him, the fact that Ben put his memories into your mind without struggle.

"I'm sorry." Ben kept his eyes ahead of him and continued walking.

You could immediately feel your heart sink; you were certain Ben was going to say he was wrong and that this entire situation actually couldn't happen. You held your breath, waiting for him to say something more.

"I shouldn't have entered your mind like that, it's not okay." Ben's voice was soft.

You let out the breath you were holding and with it came a deep laugh, you were so relieved that it was just about entering your mind.

"Oh, it's okay." You continued to laugh and Ben peered over his shoulder with a confused look on his face, curious as to why you were laughing. "I thought you were going to tell me you last night was a joke," you grabbed his hand, "I don't mind that you put your memories into my head. I kind of enjoyed it."

He gave you a smile as you two entered into the hangar bay. As you two emerged on the ship you threw your satchel into the cabinet and went to sit in the seat behind the pilot seat.

You could barely get your stuff down before Ben was wrapping himself around you with his lips placing kisses on your head.

You let out a small chuckle, "What are you doing, Ben?"

You could feel his smile grow as his lips were placed on your forehead, "Just thought I would give you one big wave of affection before we were back in hell."

You leaned your head up to look at him and he leaned down to kiss you delicately, but with a passion that hadn't been there yet.

As he pulled away you wrapped your arms around his neck, attempting to pull him back to you. You weren't ready for the 'wave of affection' to be over yet.

"We have to get going." He smiles as he pulls your arms off of his neck.

You pouted for a moment, but decided to go ahead and follow in behind him, buckling yourself in as soon as you sat down.

The trip was quiet, Ben kept his gaze forward and barely gave you any attention.

You were sitting comfortably, but you were getting flustered by the thought of arriving back at the temple.

"What if we really do run away?" You soften your voice and shift your gaze towards Ben.

His glance immediately shifts over to you and his eyes harden, "You know we can't do that."

"But Luke will never let this happen, and I want it to happen." You say quickly, realizing that you are reaching for something that cannot happen.

Ben shifts himself around to face you, placing his hand gently on your leg. "I want this as much as you want this."

You stare at him, unsure of what should be said next, the smirk that he had situated on his face slowly dissipated as you kept your silence.

"Are you okay?" His grip around your knee grew tighter, his expression grew more concerned.