Chapter 3

Previously:

"Come on. We must reach the mountain before the sun sets on Durin's Day." Thorin said as he ushered them into the dark forest.

-----------------------------------

'Mirkwood looks nothing like before' Nymeria thought as she looked around at the twisted branches of the trees. The trees all look dead to Nymeria, what was troubling her more was that she did not know how long they have been there for. The trees in the forest looked the same.

"Air, I need air."

"My head, it's swimming!"

"What's happening?"

"Nori, why have we stopped?" Thorin asked, walking to the front

"The path, its disappeared!" Nori exclaimed.

"So, you finally lost the path?" Nymeria questioned.

The dwarves all glared at her; she raised her hands up.

"I knew you were bound to do it." She added.

"I don't remember this bit. None of it's familiar." Balin complained as he looked.

Nymeria felt her head swim. She put her hand against a tree, the hip wound had fully healed now. Yet she felt drained. They began walking again. Nymeria could feel the visions begin affecting her. Her head throbbed, she wanted to rest, lie down-

'NO! WAKE UP!' Anor screamed in her mind. Nymeria immediately lost all thoughts of sleep and jolted upright. Nymeria felt more awake now. She continued walking this accursed forest. Whispering, wait what? Whispering, yes, she could hear it.

"What was that?" Thorin looked at her, she sent him a nod, letting him know that he was not the only one who heard it.

"ENOUGH! Quiet! All of you! We are being watched." Thorin boomed out.

Nymeria felt movement behind her. She whirled around and shot an arrow straight at a spider. This was no normal spider, Nymeria realized, this is a spawn of evil.

"KILI! FILI! THORIN!" She called out unaware of a spider creeping up behind her. The spider stepped on a twig, that was its fatal mistake. Nymeria unsheathed Ringil and swung it at the spider with full might. She let out a yelp as the head of the spider rolled towards her. She kicked it back with her foot.

"Disgusting, ew no. This is disgusting." She whimpered as she held her sword ready for more.

Two more spiders advanced on her. She gave one look at them, all the fear flooded through her again, she was paralyzed, she felt as if she could not move her feet. She barley dodged the first one's sharp sting trying to pierce her, the second one used its legs as a spear and stabbed it at Nymeria, she tried to dodge but she was not so lucky.

It pierced right through her shoulder and threw her against a tree when it pulled out. Nymeria yelled in pain, she landed on the forest floor with a thump. Blood was slowly seeping through her clothes. She put her hand over it, the wound looked better, not fresh. It was still not enough to stop the bleeding though ; she gritted her teeth from the pain.

Using her agility as an advantage she charged at one of the spiders catching it by surprise. She slid on her knees between the spider's legs and sliced through its body. She spun on her knees throwing one of her hunting daggers, (not the one Legolas gave her) at the other beast. It fell dead on the ground.

After retrieving the dagger and sheathing Ringil, she ran off to find the company. She heard loud shouts of pain and disgust. She quickly climbed a tree and raced to the noise. She shot more spiders as she went, ignoring the pain, the fear. She could not afford to be scared right now, she needed to find the company. She saw other figures racing through below, she hoped they were friendly. She could not deal with another problem right now.